Home

NCAA '14 Rivals Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on NCAA '14 Rivals Spreadsheet within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
NCAA '14 Rivals Spreadsheet

I created a spreadsheet that details all the rivalries both in-game and those the developers are missing from NCAA '14. Missing rivalries can include historic ones that are mostly dormant and also those with FCS or other divisions. The purpose was to make a complete record for all FBS teams and their rivals.

This information, readily accessible, will help you determine schedules, conference affiliations, and makes it easier when deciding on Teambuilder substitutions so you can see which rivals you'll take on (or if you want to add a team's certain rival that isn't in-game). You can also use some of this for modding purposes if you're adjusting rivalries.

I included my own "Rivalry Conferences" on a separate sheet in this file. These conferences aren't perfect, but were merely my attempt to maximize the amount of rivalry games teams would play each year. Some teams, like Notre Dame, Boston College, Virginia Tech play a wide range of rivals, so it is difficult to always keep everyone together.

You can either download the original file for Excel below or use the Google Sheets doc to view or make your own copy, etc.

Excel Spreadsheet (.xlsx) in a .zip file - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qH...PsPqjq0M7bNONI

Google Sheets version - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I posted this on reddit, as well, so apologies if you frequent both places, but I figured not everyone did.

Further, PLEASE let me know if I've missed any rivalries - whether in-game or otherwise - and I'll be happy to add them to the Google sheet.

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA '14 Rivals Spreadsheet

Love. Love. LOVE this. However, I can 100% guarantee to you that Penn State is NOT a Nebraska rival. The only teams that I consider rivals are: Iowa, Oklahoma, Colorado, and Missouri. You can also kind of include Miami in there, but they're more so an opponent we commonly faced in the late 90s/early 00s. The same principles apply to Texas. You can include them with Miami, but that is more of hatred, not a rivalry. Teams that are not rivalries anymore nor will be in the near future are Kansas, Kansas State, and Penn State. Then the final two have the potential to become rivalries if we can actually become a good team: Minnesota and Wisconsin. Minnesota is an interesting case because there is a charity trophy ($5 Bits of Broken Chair) that is given between the teams, but it isn't recognized. Wisconsin is on another level and they're our big brother.

Rivals: Iowa, Oklahoma, Colorado, and Missouri
'Somewhat' Rivals: Minnesota and Wisconsin
'Good Non-Con/Storyline/Hatred' Rivals: Texas and Miami
-------
Not Rivals: Kansas, Kansas State, and Penn State
Old 11-25-2019, 05:12 PM   #3
MVP

I haven't looked at this spreadsheet yet, but I just want to give you props for the hard work before I give it a gander.

Edit: I think the conferences idea is really cool.

Last edited by nofx94; 11-25-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:38 AM   #4
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Although a minor rivalry and it hasn't been played in years, Kent State and Youngstown State play for the Schwebel's Challenge Series Trophy.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan01
Love. Love. LOVE this. However, I can 100% guarantee to you that Penn State is NOT a Nebraska rival. The only teams that I consider rivals are: Iowa, Oklahoma, Colorado, and Missouri. You can also kind of include Miami in there, but they're more so an opponent we commonly faced in the late 90s/early 00s. The same principles apply to Texas. You can include them with Miami, but that is more of hatred, not a rivalry. Teams that are not rivalries anymore nor will be in the near future are Kansas, Kansas State, and Penn State. Then the final two have the potential to become rivalries if we can actually become a good team: Minnesota and Wisconsin. Minnesota is an interesting case because there is a charity trophy ($5 Bits of Broken Chair) that is given between the teams, but it isn't recognized. Wisconsin is on another level and they're our big brother.

Rivals: Iowa, Oklahoma, Colorado, and Missouri
'Somewhat' Rivals: Minnesota and Wisconsin
'Good Non-Con/Storyline/Hatred' Rivals: Texas and Miami
-------
Not Rivals: Kansas, Kansas State, and Penn State
When these games were made, PSU - Nebraska was a protected rivalry that was scheduled to be played annually before the Big Ten expanded and realigned the conferences. They did play several times in the 80's and had a controversy about which one should have been awarded the national championship in 1994, so they do have a history.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »