Home

Can anyone with developer’s ear please...

This is a discussion on Can anyone with developer’s ear please... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can anyone with developer’s ear please...

Ask them to fix the generic playbooks so that we can edit them and run them as a scheme in franchise again. This is a ridiculous, pointless oversight that continues to be passed down each installment since madden 16. It’s the most random thing to stubbornly ignore year-after-year and I just don’t get why they can literally patch the game to the point that it’s basically a brand new game... yet still won’t make this simple correction.

So someone (ANYONE) on this forum who has been able to communicate with the development team, please bring this to their attention via Twitter or whatever social media platform you choose. I have tried but I don’t much care about social media and don’t really have a following so I’m assuming they’re just ignoring my feedback. If you’re able to get their attention, please post in here so that anyone else on this forum who agrees can see and retweet until it gets their attention.

No reason imaginable why we should have to BEG for something so basic that was previously in the game

Last edited by Radiant1; 11-24-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone with developer’s ear please...

Agreed.

I miss running the generic West Coast and basic 3-4 on D. I enjoyed the simplicity of it.

I mean you can find plenty of coach books that are basically the same thing. But it was fun to just use a generic one.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:42 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Agree 100% it also makes playing with classic rosters difficult not having the generic playbooks as an option in franchise.

Makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-25-2019, 08:20 AM   #4
Pro

The other day I complained about how there is only one 4 WR set out of the Singleback formation. This has never been the case. Someone pointed out that those sets are only available in the Run and Shoot formation. I checked and sure enough he was correct.

Yes... if EA decides to keep this status quo, I would love to at least know their rationale behind it.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Absolutely 100%. We should be able to set these as our defaults in franchise.

ALso they need to fix the glitch that was created 2 patches ago that we can no longer edit our coaches appearance. You were always able to but now if you try to it wont save.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2019, 09:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
The other day I complained about how there is only one 4 WR set out of the Singleback formation. This has never been the case. Someone pointed out that those sets are only available in the Run and Shoot formation. I checked and sure enough he was correct.

Yes... if EA decides to keep this status quo, I would love to at least know their rationale behind it.
Agreed. What makes it even more silly is the fact that they have “run and shoot” as one of the schemes you can build a roster around, but not the playbook itself to run with. So you can build a roster around a 4-wide dominant scheme but there’s not a single team playbook that’s even close to “run and shoot,” which makes it pretty pointless to even have as a scheme

I’ve actually gone back to madden 15, and enjoy playing it more than 20 at the moment
Old 11-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #7
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

How about telling them to put back in letting us use them as custom playbook and being able to use all the plays and formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant1
Ask them to fix the generic playbooks so that we can edit them and run them as a scheme in franchise again. This is a ridiculous, pointless oversight that continues to be passed down each installment since madden 16. It’s the most random thing to stubbornly ignore year-after-year and I just don’t get why they can literally patch the game to the point that it’s basically a brand new game... yet still won’t make this simple correction.

So someone (ANYONE) on this forum who has been able to communicate with the development team, please bring this to their attention via Twitter or whatever social media platform you choose. I have tried but I don’t much care about social media and don’t really have a following so I’m assuming they’re just ignoring my feedback. If you’re able to get their attention, please post in here so that anyone else on this forum who agrees can see and retweet until it gets their attention.

No reason imaginable why we should have to BEG for something so basic that was previously in the game
It's due to a database limitation. They made the non-team playbooks, as well as, their exclusive formations and plays unavailable outside of those books to create space for new plays. That's how they have been adding new plays to the game the last few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »