Home

Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2019, 08:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for ps3?

Is there any other way to get ps3 files to open for NCAA 14? I do not have any teambuilder teams in the dynasty. I have tried everything I can think of. I really would like to use the ps3 on this game and get the full benefit out of it but I don't know anything else to do. I'll keep messing around and maybe i get lucky.

I have read several posts on how some people still get it to work on the various editors. Some say to add the ".MC02" extension after decrypting, and some say do not add it. I have tried both methods. Neither makes a difference. still get the error message. I have been using rosters that I downloaded into the game. I will try with the game's default roster and see if that might make a difference. It has to be an MC02 file because it comes up as such and is apparently recognized as an MC02 file.

For now I am just going to play the game and mess with stuff in the game and maybe a solution will come to be.

Last edited by GSEagles001; 11-28-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
Is there any other way to get ps3 files to open for NCAA 14? I do not have any teambuilder teams in the dynasty. I have tried everything I can think of. I really would like to use the ps3 on this game and get the full benefit out of it but I don't know anything else to do. I'll keep messing around and maybe i get lucky.

I have read several posts on how some people still get it to work on the various editors. Some say to add the ".MC02" extension after decrypting, and some say do not add it. I have tried both methods. Neither makes a difference. still get the error message. I have been using rosters that I downloaded into the game. I will try with the game's default roster and see if that might make a difference. It has to be an MC02 file because it comes up as such and is apparently recognized as an MC02 file.

For now I am just going to play the game and mess with stuff in the game and maybe a solution will come to be.

It is most likely 1 of 2 problems.

#1. When you decrypt your file. You need to double check your bases. Make sure your destination file is correct. Make sure your decrypting the actual Dynasty you wish to mod lol. You’d be surprised that the actual file is wrong. Most important: MAKE DAMN SURE you have the correct PS3 profile with the file. Right click your Dynasty file listen I. Brute force and click “update the params with the current file”... something along those lines...

#2. When you create your Dynasty, you can either create a coach or use an existing one. BUT STARTING COACH LEVEL MUST BE LEFT DEFAULT. If you edit the coach starting level, it will always have an error in the dynasty when trying to open it with the EA D.B. Editor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2019, 09:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJonpin

#1. When you decrypt your file. You need to double check your bases. Make sure your destination file is correct. Make sure your decrypting the actual Dynasty you wish to mod lol. You’d be surprised that the actual file is wrong. Most important: MAKE DAMN SURE you have the correct PS3 profile with the file. Right click your Dynasty file listen I. Brute force and click “update the params with the current file”... something along those lines...

#2. When you create your Dynasty, you can either create a coach or use an existing one. BUT STARTING COACH LEVEL MUST BE LEFT DEFAULT. If you edit the coach starting level, it will always have an error in the dynasty when trying to open it with the EA D.B. Editor.

Thanks. By destination file, do you mean the entire save file? Ps3 files are broken into like 4 parts. There are 2 files, HED DATA and USR DATA. Are these the destination files you are referring to?

My ps3 is in a different room than my PC. I have to take the USB out of the PS3 and put into the PC. The PC automatically brings up the directory (it refers to my USB as "removable disc G or F". It has a PS3 folder with a sub folder called SAVEDATA. In this folder contains my save files. (ex "GSEAG19" )

Should I copy the PS3 folder from my USB to the directory that contains the editor BEFORE I go into Bruteforce to decrypt? Or should I copy it into the Bruteforce Folder? I'll try both

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by GSEagles001; 12-01-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
Thanks. I’ll check the first one. I’m pretty sure I leave starting coach level default but I will just start over and make sure it is to remove all doubt. I always use existing coach so I am 100% sure on that end .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Okay yeah cause I’ve been pissed off at it too than just reset the params.sfo to align with my new PS3 account and it worked

Old 11-30-2019, 10:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Okay yeah cause I’ve been pissed off at it too than just reset the params.sfo to align with my new PS3 account and it worked

what editor did you get it to open with?

I know it will work because I have got it to work in the past but only with the NCAA Dynasty (purple and gold) editor. I don't think I ever got it to open with any of the EA editors that I can recall. I am going to keep experimenting with different things and if I get lucky I will let everyone know how I got it to work.

Last edited by GSEagles001; 12-01-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2019, 10:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

#1. what do you mean? Let's say I want to edit attributes for my UNLV dynasty. My dynasty file is called 'UNLVOCATT". This is the file I am editing, and this is the file I want to decrypt. What other file could it be?
Old 12-19-2019, 10:25 PM   #7
Rookie

These are screenshots of my files in Bruteforce. As you can see, they are in the same profile that I have set up. This is the only profile I have on BruteForce.

Also, in the second picture, shows the files included within each file. There is the PARAM.SFO, and the HED DATA and USR DATA files. When I go to decrypt, it says 1 file is decryptable. I'm guessing the only decryptable file is USR DATA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (133.3 KB, 616 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (91.1 KB, 599 views)
Old 12-20-2019, 07:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Yes, USR-DATA is the file you want to decrypt.

Did you try X-ing out the error message and clicking "refresh data"? It will usually work after that.

I don't understand this talk of copying something. The only time you should copy the file is when you copy it back onto your console.

Last edited by Phil Spiderman; 12-20-2019 at 07:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »