Home

The lay up animations are so good this year

This is a discussion on The lay up animations are so good this year within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
The lay up animations are so good this year

They're functional and look good.

Some of the contextual work is brilliant. Watch the Eurosteps in the clip below. Players steps blend perfectly with with where the defenders feet are.

The contact animations have improved a lot aswell. when you trigger one you feel it has a chance of going in and looks realistic below. Examples below.

Improvements? Has to be floaters. We need to be able to choose a package. They need to be quicker (too many get blocked) and we need a standing push floater shot.

But this part of the game is rapidly improving. I think we all remember those sucky slow 2 feet gather layups that are thankfully being phased out.

https://youtu.be/epsH0zo-azo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2019, 01:34 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The lay up animations are so good this year

Yes they are pretty awesome. What a lot of people don't notice is that you can change hands even if you launched in one directions. So like LeBron finishes with left finish on a left foot launch. It's nice small details.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

OVR: 0

Careful there partner. Folks round these parts don't take too kindly to positivity.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, its the best its ever been in any basketball game. NBA2k20 as a whole is the best sports game to date. Sure there have been certain things in previous NBA2k games that have been better, and NBA2k20 has its flaws, but the things it does do good, makes up for the few things it does wrong. I probably havent had this much fun playing a basketball video game since CH2k8.

There will always be negative comments, thats just the way this younger generation is now days, they aint happy unless they are complaining about something. Dont get me wrong, the flaws need pointed out, and its frustrating, when issues go ignored year after year by 2k. But people claiming the devs are lazy is just wrong. Truth be told, probably many of the ones claiming the devs are lazy, are likely lazy themselves, lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-30-2019, 04:27 AM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBalla21
Careful there partner. Folks round these parts don't take too kindly to positivity.
Positive feedback is just as useful as the negative. IMO this is one area they're really nailing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBalla21
Honestly, minus a few "quirks" about the game, I don't see how people even think that this a "terrible" game. I genuinely enjoy playing PNO, and as I have had said before, I feel like the community are the ones who ruins this game with their constant complaining.

I define a "quirk" as anything that relatively annoys me, but it's nothing that prevents me from enjoying the game.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:03 AM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Positive feedback is just as useful as the negative. IMO this is one area they're really nailing.
I agree about the layup animations. I love how you can attempt a layup when you're trying to go up strong, but the shot meter doesn't appear until you "cleared" the contact animation. It's a very subtle change.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 12-01-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Honestly, minus a few "quirks" about the game, I don't see how people even think that this a "terrible" game. I genuinely enjoy playing PNO, and as I have had said before, I feel like the community are the ones who ruins this game with their constant complaining.

I define a "quirk" as anything that relatively annoys me, but it's nothing that prevents me from enjoying the game.
welcome to the internet.

We give voice to all the annoyances we used to keep in our heads.

There is tons to love about this game. Heck I've already played about 100 myleague games (give her take a few minutes at the end of games that go away from me and I simmed to the end).

Franchise mode is crazy deep. And what I like best of all with NBA2k is how you can be as obsessive or as casual as you want with realism. You can tinker with every slider you can think of with contracts, progression/regression, sim stats, etc. You can edit anything you want if you don't like how things are going. You can do 30 team control, add or remove injuries, the list goes on and on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »