Home

Major concern about UFC 4’s grappling system

This is a discussion on Major concern about UFC 4’s grappling system within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Major concern about UFC 4’s grappling system

So with UFC 4 just around the corner, it sounds like the grappling will be greatly improved. No concrete info has been provided, but it is strongly implied that the grappling will be improved. Many of the issues this community has been more vocal about - wrestling, cage wrestling, etc - have undoubtedly been heard by the developers.

The current game is much more striking oriented - grapplers have to work disproportionately hard to make it a grappling match. UFC 4 seems to be shaping up to be a lot more balanced for the grapplers.

So this is all great news. We would all love to have a better grappling system.

But this raises a major concern.

If the above is all true, I will be completely unstoppable. I will literally sit back in my chair, kick my feet up, grab a glass of lemonade, and digitally violate every single person who purchases a copy of the game. I’ll just hop online and outgrapple people for an hour, then stand up, observe my extremely attractive reflection in the mirror, then go about my day.

This has definitely been a concern of mine. I would hate to see a gamebreaking issue like this. So I propose a couple options to avoid this problem from occuring on EA UFC 4:

1. Allow my opponents to use firearms during the first 30 seconds of each round

2. Make me start each round with 1/2 health and stamina

3. Automatically give me 2 losses per day

Hopefully these suggested fixes will keep the game balanced and fair for everyone.

Last edited by Good Grappler; 11-30-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2019, 07:38 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Major concern about UFC 4’s grappling system

Well, this is clearly facetious, but we can make this into a legit debate.

If you aren't good at the striking portion of the game (which, I'm not trying to be insulting, but your stand-up game is really barebones and lacking) and they end up switching the ground game to a completely different system, are you positive you'd be good at that system?

Obviously you would spend more time with it because you like grappling more, but would it be enough if they structured it in a way that doesn't suit your reflexes/natural abilities?
Old 12-01-2019, 12:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Somebody make Masvidals flying knee an insta-kill

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Well, this is clearly facetious, but we can make this into a legit debate.

If you aren't good at the striking portion of the game (which, I'm not trying to be insulting, but your stand-up game is really barebones and lacking) and they end up switching the ground game to a completely different system, are you positive you'd be good at that system?

Obviously you would spend more time with it because you like grappling more, but would it be enough if they structured it in a way that doesn't suit your reflexes/natural abilities?
Have we played recently? I only ask because I know you have a lot of alts.

I’m a much different player than I used to be. Ever since I decided to start trusting my striking more, I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how well I do.

My striking used to seem atrocious because it was only there to get you to throw back and open up a takedown. Now I actually embrace the standup. I outstrike pretty much everyone I play in ranked, and that’s strictly using Chael Sonnen.

And I truly do not remember making this post
Old 12-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #5
Pro

My striking has definitely been coming along

Edit: you can skip the entire 2 minute grappling sequence that starts a couple minutes into the video. I’m not really trying, I let him take me down a few times, and really just let him waste the effort. In a competitive match I wouldn’t have grappled so clumsily.

Also, I’m not really trying at all in this match. I’m just chilling and rope a doping. But I actually pulled of some sick techniques, and showed some solid footwork/distance management. Also showed some real good tricks for landing leg kicks

Last edited by Good Grappler; 12-01-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2019, 04:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Wrestling is easy , takes downs are easy.

I think you over think it and end up faking 20 double legs before trying to get a clinch. It’s amateurish.

Check a leg kick: GA fills all the way , instant take down.

Slip a punch throw a jab or a straight: GA fills all the way , instant take down.

If those are not working , time a overhand.. if it lands that’s another instant takedown, if it’s blocked as soon as it’s blocked go into the clinch.

Nice video , but who are you playing? Good players will look great when fighting quick fight fighters.

I like that you use chael , but let’s be honest his wrestling stats are very good. And you also use him as an “out”. So if for some reason you lose , You can say yea but I was using chael.

I am willing to help you , but you gotta be a bit more humble.

Last edited by jigsaw736; 12-01-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:14 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
Wrestling is easy , takes downs are easy.

I think you over think it and end up faking 20 double legs before trying to get a clinch. It’s amateurish.

Check a leg kick: GA fills all the way , instant take down.

Slip a punch throw a jab or a straight: GA fills all the way , instant take down.

If those are not working , time a overhand.. if it lands that’s another instant takedown, if it’s blocked as soon as it’s blocked go into the clinch.
I just overthink it when I play a handful of people, yourself included. I’ve had that issue since Undisputed 3, it’s a psychological thing. Like I over-analyze the fact that you have good clinch and TD denials, and for some reason my brain tells me “this must be because he secretly sucks on the ground”, and so I become even MORE focused on takedowns. Like I keep chasing that one takedown, convinced that it’s all I need - then next thing I know it’s round 3 and winning a decision is out the window.

In reality I just gotta let the fight flow. I’m doing way better now that I’ve focused on standup.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #8
Banned

Lollllllll����✌.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »