Home

Multi-Generational Journeyman | Madden 25 Player Career Mode

This is a discussion on Multi-Generational Journeyman | Madden 25 Player Career Mode within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #1
Pro

jpfine's Arena

OVR: 0
Multi-Generational Journeyman | Madden 25 Player Career Mode

Multi-Generational Journeyman
Madden 25 Player Career Mode

I always feel like I have to do a long introduction to any dynasty/career mode that I do, but I'll try to make this one shorter. It's the time of year where I get super in to football video games, specifically the NCAA series. This year, I've been wanting to do a teambuilder dynasty and share it on the ol' OS Forums, but my NCAA 14 disc is still broken from last year and you can't download teams on NCAA 13 because the servers are down. Unfortunately, because I don't have a job and have no easy way to make some coin, this means I'll have to wait until I find enough money to pay for another NCAA 14 disc (which are seemingly very expensive these days). With that said, I've been playing some Rocket League and some FIFA when I want to procrastinate, but this past Thanksgiving weekend, I found a story in the NFL quite intriguing and I wanted to implement that into a Madden Player Career Mode.

This past week, Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a touchdown against the Eagles. Typically, that may be a normal thing for a quarterback, but this touchdown was especially special because he became the first player in NFL history to throw a touchdown against one opponent (the Eagles) with seven different franchises. I know it's one of those stats that isn't even a stat, but I thought it was really interesting.
I got super interested in Fitzmagic's history for an hour or so. He's hopped around his entire career, playing for eight total teams. He's still chugging along at the ripe old age of 37 and he went to f-ing Harvard (which is my favorite part, tbh). He's the league quarterback who, if you need a starter, he'll do his best to win (I mean, the Dolphins are 3-9). He may not be the best quarterback on the team right now...
...but he's there and he plays. He's the definition of a journeyman in the NFL and I thought it would be a cool idea to try something like that in Madden.

(I know I'm going on long tangents, so I'll try to reel it in.)

The goal: This is might be pretty obvious, but the whole point of the career mode is to play for and win a Super Bowl with all 32 teams in the NFL. Obviously, that's nearly impossible for just one player to do by himself. To hurdle that problem, I've widen the parameters so that the goal is to play for all 32 teams in the NFL as a "football family." The head of the family is myself and, from there, I've randomized the number of kids in the family and the names (More about the family aspect in the House Rules/Settings post). I've decided to go with Madden 25 because... it's the most recent Madden that I have and it's the only one that I own that has the cool feature where you can control 32 different players at one time (I don't know if you can do that in the more recent Maddens, but I'm stuck with Madden 25 regardless).

Hopefully this all makes sense and if you need any clarification with the rules or the premise, then please let me know and I'll answer the question(s) to the best of my ability. I think I'm really bad at explaining these sorts of things, but it makes a lot of sense in my head, so bear with me because I know what I'm doing (probably).

Summary (TL;DR): Want to do a teambuilder dynasty in NCAA 14, but don't have the game, so looking to lose the rust and start another dynasty (player career mode). Multi-Generational Journeyman where I try to play on each team and win the Super Bowl at least once using a variety of players who are all related. (Again, might not make sense, please ask clarifying questions if you don't understand the idea)

Last edited by jpfine; 12-07-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #2
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Important Events

I've tried to do a 'Table of Contents' for each of the dynasties that I've done before, but after a while, they seem to get super cluttered with literally every single post. With that, I will be doing something similar, but for only the most important games (playoffs, Super Bowls, barn burners, etc.). I'll also group the games under each one of the players that are in the career mode.

Jake Fine
Matt Fine
Lewis Fine
Nick Collins
Alex Fine
Luke Fine
Will Collins
Mike Fine
Tommy Fine

Last edited by jpfine; 12-02-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #3
Pro

jpfine's Arena

House Rules/Settings

Career Mode House Rules and Settings

Settings
Video Game: EA Sports' Madden NFL 25
Console: Xbox 360
Difficulty Level: Pro
Quarter Length: 4 minutes

The only reason why I decided on a lower difficulty level is because I want a quick progression in terms of my team's performance and my player's overall. Also, it makes me happy when I win. I decided to go with shorter quarters than what most go with because I want to be able to play a quick game after school every now and then. I don't want to make this a big commitment and I don't want the seasons to go on forever.

House Rules
~ In a debut season with any player for a new team, I can only play 4 games in a season, excluding preseason
~ and playoffs. From there, I will be allowed to play one additional game each season that I play with a team. (If
~ I'm in season 4 with a team, I can play 7 games in that season)
~ A player may play for a team for a maximum of 5 seasons. This is to speed up the "journeyman" process.
~ A player may "demand release" if the player has gone to the Super Bowl twice with that team or the player has
~ won the MVP twice with that team.
~ The quarter length will be lengthened to 5 minutes during the playoffs.
~ If a player is forced to retire after the player "demands release" and the player isn't signed, and the player has
~ played less than 10 seasons, then a replacement player under the same name will continue the player's career.
~ If a game were to occur where two user teams play head-to-head, regardless of when, the game will be
~ simulated.

Goals/Objectives
~ To play for every NFL team
~ To win the Super Bowl with every NFL team
Notes:
Notes: ~ Once all are completed, I will stop the career mode.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-03-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:25 PM   #4
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Career Mode Statistics

Before I decided to do a thread on this idea, I created a Google Sheets spreadsheet to keep all of the stats. Because I'm lazy and I don't want to redo my work, I've decided to keep storing my stats on the spreadsheet and to add a link so you can see it. I'm so tech-savvy (:

You should be able to navigate the spreadsheet by simply clicking any of the underlined words, all of which have a link to a sheet inside of the document. In essence, when you press a link, you won't be hopping from document to document, but rather hopping from sheet to sheet inside of the same document.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-02-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:26 PM   #5
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Team Checklist

Team Checklist

❌Arizona Cardinals
❌Atlanta Falcons
❌Baltimore Ravens
❌Buffalo Bills
❌Carolina Panthers
❌Cincinnati Bengals
❌Chicago Bears
❌Cleveland Browns
❌Dallas Cowboys
❌Denver Broncos
❌Detroit Lions
❌Green Bay Packers
❌Houston Texans
❌Indianapolis Colts
❌Jacksonville Jaguards
❌Kansas City Chiefs
✔️Miami Dolphins
Jake Fine: 2013–Pres.

❌Minnesota Vikings
❌New England Patriots
❌New Orleans Saints
❌New York Giants
❌New York Jets
❌Oakland Raiders
❌Philadelphia Eagles
❌Pittsburgh Steelers
❌St. Louis Rams
❌San Diego Chargers
❌San Francisco 49ers
❌Seattle Seahawks
❌Tampa Bay Buccaneers
❌Tennessee Titans
❌Washington Redskins

Last edited by jpfine; 12-03-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 08:35 PM   #6
Pro

jpfine's Arena

You are now free to post.

I'm pretty sure that I have all of the slots saved that I want to fix up for information, so feel free to post. Like I said, this is to kind up warm me up for the teambuilder dynasty that I plan to do once I get NCAA 14, so I might not finish this up and see it out. Regardless, I hope that you enjoy it (:

I know Madden threads don't typically get as much traction as NCAA threads do, but I hope that you guys enjoy it all the same. I also wanted to say that I won't be doing super in-depth recaps of games and such, so if you're in to that, this might not be the thread for you. I've just found that with my last two attempted dynasty threads that it's super draining to do in-depth recaps for every single game and this is meant to be a hobby and for fun.

Before we get into it, just wanted to give a quick shoutout to thesportsguru11, Nunyerbiz, xToXiCxSAVAGEx, Tearz49ers, and Deegeezy for getting me back in the mindset of a dynasty write-up. I've loved reading your threads and I've wanted to get back into doing this sort of thing because of you guys, so thanks. Not to say that anybody's threads are less in quality, it's just that these have been the guys that have stuck out to me.

With that, hope you all enjoy this thread!!

Last edited by jpfine; 12-02-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:32 PM   #7
Pro

jpfine's Arena

2013 Draft Selection

With the 164th pick in the 2013 Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

...Jake Fine, from Rutgers University.

At 6' 2" and 215 pounds, the rookie out of New Jersey may be the running back that the Dolphins need. With a lack of experience at the halfback position for the Dolphins, Fine has a chance at being named starter in his first season in the NFL. At 21 years of age, Fine looks to be a force to be reckoned with in his first season in the AFC East.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-05-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:39 PM   #8
Pro

jpfine's Arena

2013 Miami Dolphins Preseason

Although the Miami Dolphins didn't have a great preseason as a team, all hope is not lost. Rookie Jake Fine has been named the starter for the foreseeable future after an impressive showing. Playing exclusively in the first quarter throughout the four preseason games, Jake Fine scored four times and rushed for over 40 yards each game, which is stellar considering he only played in four quarters total. The Dolphins seem to have found a gem in Fine and the Miami faithful hope to retain Jake Fine's talents for a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »