Home

Best players under the radar...

This is a discussion on Best players under the radar... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2019, 06:57 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Best players under the radar...

I figured this would be a good spot to put up a player that's undervalued, but can definitely get it done, either one side of the ball or the other, if we're lucky, both.

My vote goes to Terrence Ross. Dudes a big-time baller. He's a threat from the arc, as well as Captain McNasty when he drives to the rim. He plays above the rim and will put the rock down on a drive. He's also a card to level up, and he begins as a red card with 3 unlockable levels. First level is 800 points and 100 dunks. Dunks ain't a thing for him, so it's about getting those 800. I've played roughly 30-49 single player games in MyTeam (doing Moments as well as Triple Threat). Dudes a baller, and isn't selling for much at his base level (which is 88 - he's got 3 levels). From the looks of it, his second level is amethyst).

Far as I can tell he doesn't sell for much on the auction block. If you're in need of a solid SG/SF that's your guy.

(If it makes a difference, he can be found in the Prime packs, just FYI)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2019, 01:14 PM   #2
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best players under the radar...

great idea on the thread topic 👍 I've been hooked on myteam this year(its all I play lol) ... a friend and I always have this discussion, about players who "play above their ratings "

I'm hooked on evolution cards!! (So much that I'll start a ruby evo over a pink diamond card!) So I'm glad to have read your review of Terrance Ross (hes been "on my radar " for a while) I might pull the trigger on him 🤔

My recommendations:

Darrell Armstrong: (PG only)
-- 2 star evo card.... starts at sapphire (85) , maxes out at amethyst (90) with 31 gold badges! And hes going for cheap in auction house! From the beginning he has performed better than his ratings!! Armstrong is INSTANT OFFENSE! Just a flick of the dribble stick and he can cut through a triple team😳 he dunks on everybody! And with an explosive 1st step youd think hes in the slam dunk contest! Also has Gold floor general badge, 87 3pt (at amethyst) and he holds his own on the defensive end too.... not a "clamp god" ...but definitely not a liability either!
Right now hes a steal, multiple"buy now" listings for 2-3k range (even seen ruby's at 3.5-4k)

Stephon Marbury: PG AND SG
-- 3 star evo card... starts at emerald (82), and maxes out at amethyst (92) with 33 gold and 2 HOF badges!! Like "D.A." he also has gold floor general badge and also ends up with a 87 3 ball!

In fact I'd say you could use the same "review " on both cards😳💯

If I had to choose 1, I'd probably choose (as a tiebreaker) Marbury because he can also play SG ...and he FEELS a little more explosive...(he is about 5-6 times more expensive than "D.A." card but its basically: "1 and 1-A" 🤷*♂️

Another card that friend recommended to me (but I haven't used/bought yet) is.....
Xavier McDaniel... also an evo card! 2 stars (amethyst to PINK DIAMOND) he plays the 3-4 .... and I've been told he dunks all the time! 1 of the reasons I haven't jumped on this card.... is that at pink diamond he only has 3 HOF badges (and imo none of the "good ones") he was very expensive for a while, but his price is finally coming down! The amethyst can be bought around (via buy it now.... which is always the price I go by) 25-30k (IMO 30k + the grind put in.... is a great price for a pink diamond!)

Hopefully this thread, brings others here to share their feedback too 🤞

OP: it sounds like you might not know this yet.....

To find out what level an evolution card goes to (or if a card has any "double levels " i.e. stays ruby twice etc)

If you own the card... go to the "card evolution " tab, then highlight the card, you want.... now where it shows the requirements (to evolve to next level) .... the color in the background is what it will turn to next. So if you wanna see which color/level it maxes out at keep pressing R2 button till last level shows 👍 (it wont show you the requirements until your actually grindin that level tho)
Online daily
Plan to compete in EVERY 2k tournament & join league
If interested in a tryout or have any questions lmk
Old 12-10-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Moments OG, Isaac, House, Josh Richardson, De'Andre Hunter all would make my list as 3-and-D guys. Overall, Moments players are where I find lots of bargains.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #4
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Moments OG, Isaac, House, Josh Richardson, De'Andre Hunter all would make my list as 3-and-D guys. Overall, Moments players are where I find lots of bargains.
Your post reminded me..... idk if it's just me, but I feel the moments (especially #MoTw) definitely feel like the theme, that's generous with the badges �� (I definitely dont mind it tho)
Online daily
Plan to compete in EVERY 2k tournament & join league
If interested in a tryout or have any questions lmk

Last edited by PleadtheFoe5th; 12-12-2019 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Idk wtf those emojis where about! I didn't select them��*♂️
Old 12-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleadtheFoe5th
Your post reminded me..... idk if it's just me, but I feel the moments (especially #MoTw) definitely feel like the theme, that's generous with the badges 🤔 (I definitely dont mind it tho🤷*♂️)
For some of the lower tier players I think that's true for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »