Home

Escape from Tarkov

This is a discussion on Escape from Tarkov within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Escape from Tarkov

Anyone else playing this? I've had it for sometime now, but have really been playing it heavily since the newest patch. I thought there was a thread here for the game before, but the search didn't find it.

For anyone who doesn't know what the game is, it's a mixture of PVP and PVE. Like in DayZ, dying means you lose your gear, however, unlike DayZ you have the potential to get your gear back if it was insured and nobody extracted with it. The gunplay and the gun modding/building is second to none. The game in incredibly tactical and goes for realism in nearly ever facet. There aren't things like perks, this isn't your typical shooter. You have to buy your ammunition, and there are plenty of types, you can load your magazines however you want, you have a million different rigs and armours and whatnot to really build your PMC(your character) however you want for each raid. Sometimes going big and beefy and using AP(armour piercing) rounds is the way to go. Sometimes that armour will save your life and keep you from bleeding at all. Sometimes you may go light and use a classic mosin because it delivers a deadly shot from a good distance the choice is yours.

I've generally stayed as a mosin player and tried to keep my distance, but here lately after 120+ hours in game I finally feel comfortable I'm engagements and have been using AK variants and even the ADAR more because that gun is amazing. I still don't run super heavy armour because I tend to not get into many huge firefights and am a big cover guy and am in a squad more than not, so I can get away with it.

However, I did do a raid last night that had me die early on and potentially lose some beefy armour and an AK and M153, but I loved it. I went into Customs with a buddy because he had a quest inside of the dorms. I took a heavier load out with a 74U and M153 because I expected either other players or a bunch of scavs(these are AI or players who have lesser gear and are scavengers as their name says). We got inside of the dorms and he got the item he needed, but another big beefy PMC came in down the hallway. I shot him a few times and we exchanged yells with our characters in game which was funny. I then told my friend to use me as a shield and get out of the building. I stepped out of the doorway and full auto'd down the hallway while my friend ran behind me. I ended up getting lit to pieces and not making it out alive, but my friend did and got across the river and made a successful extract. The sacrifice I made that raid was actually very fun to make and it was just an awesome little firefight.

Once my guy rested up we went back into Customs for another quest for me and we went a bit lighter because we wanted to get in and out. We ended up being in raid for 40+ minutes, I forget how many kills I had alone, but we had gunfights near the red barn all the way to the gas station and we made it out alive, barely hydrated or with any energy by the end but we made it.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2019, 01:52 AM   #2
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Escape from Tarkov

I've only started playing recently. Unfortunately my internet is terrible and I lag a lot. I cant wait to move inside the city so I can have good internet. I'll continue to play this until then but when that day comes this will be a much better experience for me.

In regards to the game, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to weapon customization and what not. I've just been using guns as I find them in raids and selling the random parts I get. I'd like to do the customizing my self but theres so much that goes into it. I'd like a way to sort ammo, attachments etc with other items that can go on the same gun...and I'd like it to be more apparent what guns the stuff can be used with.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2019, 01:57 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Right click on a gun in your stash and do a linked search. That'll get you started on what all is compatible with the gun you have. As you change parts you can continue to do that linked search to find if anything new is compatible with whatever parts you've put on it. For example, a new handguard you put on your gun has a rail system that now allows you to put on lasers, flashlights, etc.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 12-16-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Here are two ARs my friend and I built out of curiosity. He made the bigger gun that is huge. I basically turned my AR into an MP5. I saved the preset and will continue to make other builds off of this gun as I get more roubles to throw at it. I took it into an offline raid and it was actually a really good gun that is deafening, but has little kick to it and is very accurate with enough stopping power.

It's crazy the amount of possibilities with the gun customization. I'll definitely take that mini AR and try and build a more ergonomic version with possibly a different handguard, potentially different upper receiver. I want a build that is suppressed. I also want one potentially with a drum mag just to see how fun that is.

Another fun thing I did, which I'm sure plenty if people have done, and it wasn't quite as effective right now with the flashlight tuning, but I did have a shotgun I modded to fit 4 flashlights on each direction of the barrel. It was pretty much a giant high beam being shot back at you when they were turned on. I can't imagine what that would be like to use at night when everyone has night vision on. Itnwas blinding enough last wipe before the flashlights were tuned. In the NV goggles, depending on the pair you use, it might literally blind your entire screen.

For anyone wondering what the stock ADAR looks like, here it is to give you an idea of how much was changed in each build.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 12-16-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

wish this was on console - the new xbox looks like a pc so might as well let people pc game on xbox too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2019, 07:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I have around 400 hours in and basically all I play now.

Here is a few of my recent builds. As you can see my stash is stacked with good weapons atm
Old 12-18-2019, 07:09 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

A couple of clips.

Adar Flexible build. Long range silent head tapper, close range CQB option if needed.
https://youtu.be/3Kkx7mPlnSw

Little 2 man PMC kill sniping on Woods, wounded one got away.
https://youtu.be/9AYQYspoDH8

Little flank maneuver on a 1 vs 1 battle
https://youtu.be/15vHO5VJ0nE

Me and my buddy getting 1 tapped. I have Killa armor and he has an Altyn helmet. I pulled up quick on the first guy but never noticed the 3rd guy on the balcony behind us he managed to put both of us down. I know they were happy with this loot grab lol
https://youtu.be/avGaziHLrZo
Old 12-18-2019, 07:20 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

We have been a lot of night runs with night vision lately, last night we had a awesome 5 player kill game where we got trapped in weather station on Shoreline but sadly I missed all the footage. It was awesome!

3 of us getting waxed by a 2 man squad. Hard to beat this game with how intense combat is!
https://youtu.be/oxT1P5xiDL4

Older video from patch .11 I believe
https://youtu.be/rMATb24aZ0w

Last edited by Phobia; 12-18-2019 at 07:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »