Home

Why is shooting speed different in My Career and Park/Rec??

This is a discussion on Why is shooting speed different in My Career and Park/Rec?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2019, 04:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why is shooting speed different in My Career and Park/Rec??

Is it just me? It's fustrating because I can't get used to the shooting speed. I have HOF Quick Draw equipped, but across My Career & Rec/Park/Pro Am it's slower. I've tried practicing in My Court but tbag doesn't matter because again, in Rec it's slower.

When I play My Career it feels perfect and I know when to release. Rec is a different story as I get slightly early, it sucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

Re: Why is shooting speed different in My Career and Park/Rec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
Is it just me? It's fustrating because I can't get used to the shooting speed. I have HOF Quick Draw equipped, but across My Career & Rec/Park/Pro Am it's slower. I've tried practicing in My Court but tbag doesn't matter because again, in Rec it's slower.

When I play My Career it feels perfect and I know when to release. Rec is a different story as I get slightly early, it sucks
most likely has to do with the servers.
lil bit of lag.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #3
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Best place to practice is in the Team Pro-am gym. Just create a base team and go into the practice gym next to the boost shop.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #4
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

The servers constantly fluctuate making it frustrating to maintain consistency.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:04 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis

#1.Servers
#2. different sliders in rec, different sliders in pro am, different sliders for park, different sliders for my career.
+
The truth is this. because we know #2 is true. it means that 2k is not about a more realistic or sim like game. they are more going towards a game that does things for you or against you. meaning even though you're playing my career where you should be able to control 100% of what you do. thats not the case. 2k controls a lot of what you do or dont do.

if this game was built to be a sim experience. they would be no change in sliders from rec to pro am. i'll let park slide.

What is the difference is a local GYM REc center and the nba or even the Gleague? Competition level. there are more athletic guys in the g league than your local rec league. the guys are usually taller as well.and last but not least, they are more skilled in the gleague than they are in your local rec gym.

Thats not what 2k does. 2k allows anyone with any rating to come in either. strike 1.
then 2k changes up the sliders for each mode. strike 2.
strike 3 is that 2k thingks this is a good idea. its not.

Last edited by splashmountain; 12-26-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #6
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

Rec could start with a shootaround, but then 2k would have to admit this problem exists.

I play online because I enjoy playing with others and just being a role player on offense is good enough for me.

Going 1 for 5 on wide open jumpshots ruins that enjoyment completely. In that same game I was told "you are our best scorer". It doesn't matter if I can easily breakdown the defense and make an open shot for me or another guy spacing the floor properly, when I can't hit anything open without greening it.

Due to this some people online play defense like my team's 1-3 are all ben simmons...That is my biggest issue with the shooting latency. It allows idiots to win with cheese defense.

Granted I have a coax internet connection in an apartment. I have had games where I go 9/10 and green half of them. All that does is make me more upset as a role player to know its an issue..

Last edited by MakePostGreatAgain; 12-26-2019 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2022, 01:12 PM   #7
Just started!

I don't know what is up with me, I play NBA games go 70% from 3 , if I play a rec game I can count on both hands how many times I hit a 3 in rec games. I am probably 8 for 400 in the rec . I just can't shoot with a 99% shot on my build . This frustrates me cause I see people who don't miss n I can't figure out what I am doing wrong? I have to just slash cause all I hear is how I can't shoot ,but idk what to do cause I can not figure it out. I played games when my whole team quit n I stay on keep getting the ball to try n get the timing down and still NO HOPE...
Old 11-19-2022, 10:30 AM   #8
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Miss my first 3 so defender plays off me. I play good D on him and get my takeover almost full. Call for the ball in the corner, he closes out hard, I run away from the baseline and take a wide open pull up midrange driving to my left hand. HOF Middie Magician, over a 90 rated midrange, 0% covered. Slightly Late.

Bro... This isn't Dark Souls. Making shooting more "difficult" isn't how you balance the game. Right now you can make a 90 rated dunker, a 90 rated shooter from 3 AND have dribbles and defense on the same build AND you can make him up to 6'10!

So everyone is on these giant characters on the park. Dribbling, shooting 3s and dunking on the team.

Meanwhile I see guys fading out of bounds for 3 or crossing someone up until they green because Agent 3s is the best badge in the game.

So the game is "more realistic" or at least "harder" but guys are 360 shooting 3s. Ok.

And it's not like it's HARD to shoot greens. I'm almost 42 percent in the park. I did that in 2 weeks going from 13 percent. So I've already adapted.

Problem is there's no variety in the game at all.

Centers and PFs can dribble you out your gym shoes and dunk on you and light you up from deep but I can't make a turnaround fade from 17 feet.

Genius.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »