Home

MLB The Show PC Speculation

This is a discussion on MLB The Show PC Speculation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2020, 05:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB The Show PC Speculation

Hey everybody! With all of these news stories about PlayStation exclusives coming to PC (Horizon Zero Dawn is coming according to Jason Schreier at Kotaku and on the Splitscreen podcast he said hinted that this is going to be a broader Sony strategy after seeing it work so successfully for Microsoft.

Then the news broke that Naughty Dog is looking for a programmer with experience with Direct X 12 as well as an understanding of both AMD GCN and NVIDIA CUDA architectures. This seems to point to Last of Us 2 coming to PC eventually.

So the question I have as a PC gamer who keeps a PS4 to play The Show is, what do we think the chances are of Sony's flagship baseball game making its way to PC? Am I delusional and dreaming or do we think this might happen?

Edit:
I'm dumb. Just saw that this is already basically confirmed. Nevermind!

Last edited by jackpmoore; 01-19-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Re: MLB The Show PC Speculation

Im not optimistic. Supposed ling going from Ps4 to Ps4,Xbox,Switch, and PC? Big jump imo. We'll see though.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:04 PM   #3
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpmoore
Hey everybody! With all of these news stories about PlayStation exclusives coming to PC (Horizon Zero Dawn is coming according to Jason Schreier at Kotaku and on the Splitscreen podcast he said hinted that this is going to be a broader Sony strategy after seeing it work so successfully for Microsoft.

Then the news broke that Naughty Dog is looking for a programmer with experience with Direct X 12 as well as an understanding of both AMD GCN and NVIDIA CUDA architectures. This seems to point to Last of Us 2 coming to PC eventually.

So the question I have as a PC gamer who keeps a PS4 to play The Show is, what do we think the chances are of Sony's flagship baseball game making its way to PC? Am I delusional and dreaming or do we think this might happen?

Edit:

I hope it does come to pc. Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that it was confirmed coming to pc. I known it is coming to switch and Xbox but haven’t heard anything but speculation that it was coming to PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpmoore
which has been confirmed, it is or isn't coming to PC? I'm speculating it won't ever see light of day on PC.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-20-2020, 10:05 PM   #5
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
which has been confirmed, it is or isn't coming to PC? I'm speculating it won't ever see light of day on PC.
It definitely hasn't been confirmed that it's coming to PC. Really hasn't been confirmed to be coming to any platform specifically. But with Nintendo and Xbox replying to the original statement on twitter it might as well be confirmed. With some of their other big games coming to PC I am hopeful The Show will since its the only reason I even touch the PS4 recently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2020, 03:42 PM   #6
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
It definitely hasn't been confirmed that it's coming to PC. Really hasn't been confirmed to be coming to any platform specifically. But with Nintendo and Xbox replying to the original statement on twitter it might as well be confirmed. With some of their other big games coming to PC I am hopeful The Show will since its the only reason I even touch the PS4 recently.
I hope it comes to the PC in addition to the xbox. Have a pretty decent gaming rig and if I dont have to, id just stick to pc gaming. The Show is the main reason I have a PS4. Considering I have a PC as well, dont know if I want to get an xbox series x as well.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-10-2020, 03:48 PM   #7
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Aren't all X box games available on PC?

I'm primarily a PC gamer too, MLB The Show is the only game(s) I have on PS4.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #8
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
Aren't all X box games available on PC?

I'm primarily a PC gamer too, MLB The Show is the only game(s) I have on PS4.
Yes, but many of them are available only through the Microsoft store's format, which basically hard boils the game into a single file.

While many of them are decent ports that run well on PC (see Forza Horizon 4), it's the modding potential that has most of the community buzzing about MLB on PC.

Don't get me wrong, unlocked framerate alone would still make it worth it, but if it came in that format I wouldn't consider it a "true" PC release.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »