Home

Which year of the show in your opinion had the best input to result correlation

This is a discussion on Which year of the show in your opinion had the best input to result correlation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Which year of the show in your opinion had the best input to result correlation

I’ve played since the beginning of the series and since mlb 16 the hitting has progressively gotten worse. In fact I just went back to mlb 16, which imo has best correlation of input to impact on the ball since mlb 13. I can live with mlb 16 due to it being on the next gen but 18,19 were tough. Same handed matchups are horrid. Unless you have 70 and above power. Even then it’s not accurate. Lower power guys 35-45 should obviously have way less power but they should still be able to launch one or hit the ball hard when getting a dead red pitch. It’s just off. I’ve tried to like 19 and 18 as well but the pci to result is just off. What years hitting do you guys think is the best of the series. I’m talking pci placement to timing creating an outcome. Perfect means perfect this year was released on the list of what they’ll cover this year on the reveal. I really hope this is the year. I don’t need perfection but I need better than what’s out there now. If it matters I play on legend pretty much default. Zone hitting

Last edited by jsou4646; 01-22-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2020, 12:54 PM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which year of the show in your opinion had the best input to result correlation

I think 19 has the best hitting.

It will also depend on the mode you use, whether it is zone, etc. I play on directional and this is the best game in the series easily.

To each their own.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 01-22-2020, 05:30 PM   #3
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Which year of the show in your opinion had the best input to result correlation

I use timing hitting so maybe this isn't exactly answering the question but for the last 3 years I have been very impressed with the check swing physics. It just seems very 'fair' to me, I never feel like I got cheated on a check swing.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
I’ve played since the beginning of the series and since mlb 16 the hitting has progressively gotten worse. In fact I just went back to mlb 16, which imo has best correlation of input to impact on the ball since mlb 13. I can live with mlb 16 due to it being on the next gen but 18,19 were tough. Same handed matchups are horrid. Unless you have 70 and above power. Even then it’s not accurate. Lower power guys 35-45 should obviously have way less power but they should still be able to launch one or hit the ball hard when getting a dead red pitch. It’s just off... What years hitting do you guys think is the best of the series. I’m talking pci placement to timing creating an outcome. Perfect means perfect this year was released on the list of what they’ll cover this year on the reveal. I really hope this is the year. I don’t need perfection but I need better than what’s out there now. If it matters I play on legend pretty much default. Zone hitting
it most definitely does. with your skill level good enough to compete on Legend, I'm 101% certain you wouldn't have the same experience on Veteran or even All-Star, though it's possible you would see it on HoF difficulty, though maybe to a lesser degree. the bad thing is you would over-dominate on these lower levels. the good thing is if you are able to find the perfect setting of sliders to match your unique skill level set, I believe your experience on Legend will change greatly. I know most people prefer to play with default sliders (and I know I would, but that just isn't a realistic expectation on my part) but the game isn't tuned to fit everyone, just the largest segment of users. I know that might stink but to get the best possible experience it may be a better option. if you've been playing the Show for the last 15 years and it seemingly gets progressively worse, then it probably just means you've gotten a little better at the video game each year. and like Martha Stewarts says, ‘‘that's a good thing.’’

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »