Home

So i just picked up 2k and could use a little help

This is a discussion on So i just picked up 2k and could use a little help within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2020, 11:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Jmhollabaugh82's Arena

OVR: 0
So i just picked up 2k and could use a little help

Ok so let me start by saying I used to be a long time sports gamer but it's been years since I last played nba 2k. So first off I need to know who got the best realistic sliders for the game i used to get them off a guy on operation sports but as i said it's been so long i dont remember who it was or if they even do them anymore. Next thing i would like to get some help on is offense. I would like to know if there is essentially a way to run offense without me actually having to always call plays? Just inbounding and taking the ball down court does not cut it i need better motion/movement from the players off ball. Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Jmhollabaugh82's Arena

Re: So i just picked up 2k and could use a little help

I am just playing a regular season on 8 minute quarters kinda switching between rookie and pro
Old 01-23-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Use the sliders forum and just try out some of the sets in there until you find something decent, then tweak it the way you want from there -- https://forums.operationsports.com/f...tball-sliders/

As for calling plays, you can just call for pick and roll etc. if you want. What might be a good middle ground for you is learning some of the "freelance" sets and then you can switch between them. You're not calling plays then really but you will still automatically get into sets where there is some motion and you can get some flow.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Jmhollabaugh82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Use the sliders forum and just try out some of the sets in there until you find something decent, then tweak it the way you want from there -- https://forums.operationsports.com/f...tball-sliders/

As for calling plays, you can just call for pick and roll etc. if you want. What might be a good middle ground for you is learning some of the "freelance" sets and then you can switch between them. You're not calling plays then really but you will still automatically get into sets where there is some motion and you can get some flow.
Thank you for the info
Old 01-24-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmhollabaugh82
Ok so let me start by saying I used to be a long time sports gamer but it's been years since I last played nba 2k. So first off I need to know who got the best realistic sliders for the game i used to get them off a guy on operation sports but as i said it's been so long i dont remember who it was or if they even do them anymore. Next thing i would like to get some help on is offense. I would like to know if there is essentially a way to run offense without me actually having to always call plays? Just inbounding and taking the ball down court does not cut it i need better motion/movement from the players off ball. Thanks in advance for any suggestions
It should also be mentioned that you an pretty much have the CPU coach run the offense for you,depending on the mode.You do this in Coaching Options, set Playcalling to Auto.I would also recommend turning on full Playvision/Playart, at least until you memorize things.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »