Home

3 on 3 Mode - Co Op/Online Team Play

This is a discussion on 3 on 3 Mode - Co Op/Online Team Play within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
3 on 3 Mode - Co Op/Online Team Play

Every major sports game seems to be embracing Online Team Play. NHL has probably done it the best with EASHL. Madden with MUT Teams, NBA 2K does it well.

Why is this not part of MLB The Show?

I generally buy The Show every other year. I’d definitely be buying it every year if it included online team play.

It doesn’t even have to be 9v9, although I could imagine an Esports league doing that someday.

3v3 would be amazing. 1 player controls the Pitcher, 1 Infield, 1 Outfield. And Rotate Batters.

It would be fantastic to battle it out against other groups online with your friends.

Last edited by DCowboys22; 01-26-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2020, 11:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 3 on 3 Mode - Co Op/Online Team Play

We were literally just talking about this today... Not exactly sure how they would do it, but it would be a blast to team up with your friends. Even if it's where you player lock on somebody sorta like road to the show while you're in the field. Maybe all just rotate batters?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2020, 11:24 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
Every major sports game seems to be embracing Online Team Play. NHL has probably done it the best with EASHL. Madden with MUT Teams, NBA 2K does it well.

Why is this not part of MLB The Show?

I generally buy The Show every other year. I’d definitely be buying it every year if it included online team play.

It doesn’t even have to be 9v9, although I could imagine an Esports league doing that someday.

3v3 would be amazing. 1 player controls the Pitcher, 1 Infield, 1 Outfield. And Rotate Batters.

It would be fantastic to battle it out against other groups online with your friends.
I think that is an insanely great way to implement co-op.

Would also be neat if you had to rotate positions every time a pitching change is made, or in another set way. It could add to the strategic decisions you have to make.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I think that is an insanely great way to implement co-op.

Would also be neat if you had to rotate positions every time a pitching change is made, or in another set way. It could add to the strategic decisions you have to make.
Yea, within the mode we could have some rule sets. Like positional changes among your team. If your friend is struggling on the mound, you go to a relief pitcher and it requires a friend to take control. Definitely adds layers of strategy.

Maybe your friend is your best pitcher on the controls, do you start him or try to save him for a mid-relief to closer role?

Maybe another friend is your best power hitter, what team are we using? How does our 3 man rotation line up with our 9 man hitting lineup?

Great possibilities
Old 01-27-2020, 12:20 AM   #5
Rookie

And the ultimate for me. I can just envision:

3 on 3 Game
Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, you and your buddies are down a run, friend hits a single to bring the winning run to the plate.

Your turn, you’re up. High tension, Your friends helping with plate discipline, talking about next pitch. Swing and a blast to deep center, walk off HR and you celebrate with your friends, an epic sports gaming moment happens and it’s shared with your friends real-time. All working together to earn a W online.

Sony can take a page from EA & 2K here. Online Team Play can be something Sony could implement better than any of those other sports games because it’s baseball. The best team sport
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
Rookie

The way this would work would be either like wiffle ball or stickball
Old 01-28-2020, 09:49 AM   #7
Just started!

CO OP road to the show! Come on! You and your best friend slugging HRs all the way to the Show. This is a no brainer
Old 01-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #8
Rookie

Glad to see my post got highlighted on the main page. I think it’s a mode we can really have fun with.

It’s also a tool to bring along some novice players. Imagine a friend who never played before, well, put him in the outfield to get his feet wet. More experienced teammates can coach him up during his bats, give fielding, pitching tips etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »