Home

CZO's College/High School oriented playbook

This is a discussion on CZO's College/High School oriented playbook within the Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2020, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CZO's College/High School oriented playbook

Hey, y'all!

I've got a little project I've been working on for the last couple of months and figured some of you might have fun with it too.

This is a mod that replaces customplaybooks.db, the file that contains all formations/plays for use in custom playbooks. It removes some formations/plays and replaces them with new ones. This means that when you go to create a new playbook, you'll see all of the new formations there.

All in all, there are 33 new formations that have been added to the game. Those 33 new formations contain nearly 500 plays and more are being added by the day.

The plays are very collegiate in their design. there's lots of option plays, pre-snap motion all over the place, quick passes with one or two reads involved, and RPOs everywhere. Basically, if Gus Malzahn and late 2000s Urban Meyer had a baby, it'd probably be this playbook.

A few notes:

- Please, please read the ReadMe. It has some important stuff directly related to the functionality of this mod.

- If you come across a broken play, please don't post it here. Instead, find me on Discord (ConditionZeroOne) and just tell me the formation, sub-formation, play, and issue you're having. I will do my best to have it fixed by the end of that day!

- A lot of these plays are a bit much for the Madden AI to handle. In particular, the A11 formations really strain their logic. This isn't meant to be a "sim-style" playbook, just a fun playbook. Many of the plays tip-toe the line of legality with formation rules, and some plays outright break the rules (there's a couple RPO pick plays that occasionally get called for offensive pass interference lol). You can use it in a sim fashion and just not use the super cheeseball plays, or go all out with it. Just be aware that abusing this thing to it's full potential is going to put up some ridiculous points.

- I truthfully started making this whole thing for myself without any intention of releasing it publicly. That's why some things such as play art have not been finished, and will not be finished. The only reason I decided to drop it publicly to begin with is that I'm having a blast with this book and feel like you guys may have fun with it too. With that said... Have fun. If you're a modder and want to include pieces of this in your mod, go ahead. You don't even have to credit me. If you want to fix pieces of it, have at it. If you want to copy this file, go to another website and release it as your own, I don't care lol. This is all fun for me, so let it be fun for you too.

- For any questions about doing this yourself, feel free to find the #playbook-modding channel in the Madden Modding Community discord and ask away. There are some extremely helpful people there that'll get you on the right path. However, I implore you to first read through as much of that channel as you can and try to figure out what you can on your own. It's a *lot* to take in.

Without further adieu: https://github.com/ConditionZeroOne/...ustom-Playbook

To see this book in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--RNhw7SBAE

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2020, 03:49 PM   #2
Rookie

rdotbush's Arena

Re: CZO's College/High School oriented playbook

been lurking on the discord for a while, downloaded your xmas day release and the latest update, just wanted to say I appreciate the work you do my man and your creativity is unmatched.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdotbush
been lurking on the discord for a while, downloaded your xmas day release and the latest update, just wanted to say I appreciate the work you do my man and your creativity is unmatched.
I appreciate it man! Glad you're having fun with it! Wish I could say it was all my creativity, but much of it is just years of watching high school and college ball lol. It's funny because the playbook appears to be confusing as hell, but actually simplifies the game so much. So many plays are one or two-read plays that really just get dudes in space and have you relying on your stick skills to do the rest. It's sort of a rudimentary intro to isolationist concepts on the offensive side of the ball that's so frequently used by modern-day minds like Ryan Day, Lane Kiffin, etc.

It's definitely an abrupt change from the NFL logic where you are more focused on matchups and less focused on forcing plays open, so you sort of have to change your approach and get used to making timing-based plays and pre-snap reads instead of reacting to a post-snap look.

The next update is mainly gonna be a passing game update. I think the run game is largely handled for now, but there's a distinct lack of intermediate passing that I'm looking to hash out with the next build. Gonna phase out some old plays that aren't quite as good and also make a couple of new formations to fit these guys in... I'd imagine it'll be out sometime around mid February if I had to guess.

Last edited by ConditionZeroOne; 02-02-2020 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Update time!

Version 1.1 Update notes:

- Added Shotgun Trips Wk Far (wide split trips formation)

- Added numerous new pass plays and routes to Shotgun Trips Wk Far and Shotgun Spread Offset Wk

- Added Jet Chip Wasp to Shotgun Trips Wk Far (I was first, EA!)

Note: You may get a warning that the mod was made with a previous version. Ignore this; it is FULLY compatible.

Note 2: To add, this mod is completely compatible with any other mod that does not alter customplaybooks.db (which is basically all of them).

Enjoy!
Old 02-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Is there a way to get the mod to work with origin access versions of madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2020, 12:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by altide8
Is there a way to get the mod to work with origin access versions of madden?
It's the same Madden that I use. The install instructions are there in the Read Me if you can't figure it out
Old 05-02-2021, 01:03 PM   #7
Rookie

I know this is a year old but any chance we can get this for Madden 21 or even 22 when it comes out? Haven't gotten to play it but it sounds absolutely amazing
Old 05-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

No because a Madden 21 Frosty profile has not been finished yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods »