Home

One thing ruined Mygm...

This is a discussion on One thing ruined Mygm... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2020, 12:20 PM   #1
Rookie

ThePhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 7
One thing ruined Mygm...

Not being able to edit player numbers or positions completely ruins the game mode. If editing players was possible (just like they allowed all of the other customization from MyLeague to be in Mygm), it would've been one of my most favorite game modes in sports video games. Just to double check, there isn't a way to edit these 2 things right?

Xbox: JThind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 01:57 PM   #2
Rookie

ThePhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: One thing ruined Mygm...

Actually, as I progress further into the mode, I realized you also can't use custom draft classes in the first season. Not even in unranked. That's the biggest deal breaker by far.

Xbox: JThind
Old 02-04-2020, 10:01 PM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhillyPhanatic
Actually, as I progress further into the mode, I realized you also can't use custom draft classes in the first season. Not even in unranked. That's the biggest deal breaker by far.
I was actually going to post about some feelings on MyGM.

There are a couple developer decisions that just outright kill the mode. You mentioned the 2 already. I honestly would never play the mode ever ever ever for those exact 2 reasons......But,

I have the game on PC and luckily the modding Gods make it possible to edit players. I mean completely edit them and you can use the import export DNA feature which adds an even further element of control.

They haven’t figured out how to use custom draft classes but because you can import DNA I just used a draft class and whatever rank they were in the class imported them over the fake guys drafted.

Now why am I saying this? Not what it may seem like to start a pc/console debate lol
I’m saying it because I was able to do the things that would have stopped me from playing the mode and was able to really see the awesomeness that does work in myGM.

I love the managing relationship aspect to unlock abilities. I like having to manage action points to do what I need. I’m 25 games in to season 2, playing every game. I honestly have enjoyed the mode and been more invested than I’ve ever been.

Morale of the story. I think 2k is on to something with myGM but they made it so inaccessible to most people that no one knows the good that is there. I hope they learn from this but I’m guessing by the almost universal hatred for the mode that they just scrap it all together.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:43 PM   #4
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

In my opinion what really killed this mode is the inability to normalize played to sim minutes. I don’t have time to play 12 minute quarters and I don’t want the leading scorer in the league to average 15 points per game.

I always loved myGM mode and I’m disappointed I’m unable to play it this year. Hopefully they fix it for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-07-2020, 01:53 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not able to use a custom draft class in the first season ruined it for me. I also dont like how you cannot edit players (jersey number, signature moves like jumpshots). the action points i kinda think are dumb. I mean I get the logic and im glad they made it so you can increase the amount you have per day off rip but i just dont like it overall.

I increased my coach relationship and I can change plays in the playbook but I still cannot call them in the game even if i set the playcalling to manual. I cannot substitute players either even though the relationship is good. almost went back to 2k19 just to play MYGM but i just play my career now instead
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2020, 12:04 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Can you at least set the sim quarter length in mygm?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »