Home

Do you want a deep management mode in a boxing game?

This is a discussion on Do you want a deep management mode in a boxing game? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2020, 03:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
Do you want a deep management mode in a boxing game?

Do you think fans would want a deep management mode in a boxing videogame? Is there still a fan base for this mode. It could be tied into a career mode. It could have similar details to a franchise mode in NBA 2K. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Do you want a deep management mode in a boxing game?

I believe so. WWE 2K fans have been requesting GM mode for years now. Manager/Promoter mode would be thoroughly enjoyed by fans. Especially for people who may not have the best stick skills, or time to play out multiple 10 to 12 rd bouts on the regular basis.

The more options, modes, creation tools, the better. In an age where fighting games arent typical annual releases, a new boxing game can be built up and fleshed out over the course of 3-4 years with patches & DLC.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Do you think fans would want a deep management mode in a boxing videogame? Is there still a fan base for this mode. It could be tied into a career mode. It could have similar details to a franchise mode in NBA 2K. Thoughts?
I definitely think there'd be a large number of fans interested in a deep management mode. My main question is can a company pull off keeping it engaging enough that it's fun and not a chore for managing the boxers.

Could they add in stuff like promoter wars where they refuse to work with each other and it affects making matchups with boxers up and down the roster. If done right it could be amazing. Have the manager/promoter have to make decisions such as which up and coming boxers to spend training money on. Have great prospects that can possibly stagnate or others that outperform their potential. Kind of make it like Madden or 2K or any sports game where you can have busts or hidden gems.

Make it so promoters deal with disgruntled boxers that are upset with their placement on cards or not getting enough money and you have to fight other promoters to keep them in the stable.

Basically I think a company would have to really go in depth with the mode and not give just some surface level management that equates to basically having five career modes going at once.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:20 PM   #4
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

One exists and still plays well to this day: http://www.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin/page?home
Old 02-16-2020, 04:24 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
One exists and still plays well to this day: http://www.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin/page?home
It's a text-sim....big difference from what I'm saying. I'm a huge fan of Title Bout Championship Boxing; I even had conversations with the creator and new owners of the game.
I'm talking about a game with deep. Fight Night like graphics but with the depth of a text-sim instead of actual text.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2020, 11:37 AM   #6
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
It's a text-sim....big difference from what I'm saying. I'm a huge fan of Title Bout Championship Boxing; I even had conversations with the creator and new owners of the game.
I'm talking about a game with deep. Fight Night like graphics but with the depth of a text-sim instead of actual text.
Oh, wasn't understanding...my apologies.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Absolutely. That and/or a sandbox universe mode. Being able to populate your own universe with real or fictional fighters, a robust sim engine, different ranking parameters for the different sanctioning bodies, advanced stats, injury tracking and much more.

Something like Title Bout but perhaps a little more automated, at least as an option.

A dealbreaker for me is full customization options at any time. Even being able to customize the default boxers at any time in the game. I won't ever buy another EA Sports game that doesn't allow me to do that since I don't trust them to ever get it right with regards to rating fighters, realistic separation, realistic names and whatnot (Lex EA Sports NHL series).

Knowing EA you will have a 5`6 HW champ from Iceland named Trevor Ivanisevic, sporting a 2-9 record a couple of years into the game. Won't have that anymore.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:12 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL
Absolutely. That and/or a sandbox universe mode. Being able to populate your own universe with real or fictional fighters, a robust sim engine, different ranking parameters for the different sanctioning bodies, advanced stats, injury tracking and much more.

Something like Title Bout but perhaps a little more automated, at least as an option.

A dealbreaker for me is full customization options at any time. Even being able to customize the default boxers at any time in the game. I won't ever buy another EA Sports game that doesn't allow me to do that since I don't trust them to ever get it right with regards to rating fighters, realistic separation, realistic names and whatnot (Lex EA Sports NHL series).

Knowing EA you will have a 5`6 HW champ from Iceland named Trevor Ivanisevic, sporting a 2-9 record a couple of years into the game. Won't have that anymore.
Nice! This is what I like too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »