Home

IBU: A 30 Team Franchise Relocation Series for MLB The Show 20

This is a discussion on IBU: A 30 Team Franchise Relocation Series for MLB The Show 20 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2020, 12:03 PM   #1
Rookie

CrimsonLeal's Arena

OVR: 0
IBU: A 30 Team Franchise Relocation Series for MLB The Show 20

30-Team Franchise Rebrand Series for MLB 20 The Show
This is a Franchise project that I have been drawing up since late January when news first broke about Franchise relocation and rebranding. I began going to work on a 30-team rebrand rehaul. Despite feeling a bit disappointed over the Franchise stream yesterday, and the lack of depth to the rebranding option, I still have no reason not to carry out this project for MLB 20, and hopefully continue it for years to come.
FotoJet (1).jpg

CrystalSeth52's Independent Baseball Union (MLB The Show 20)
This is a look at the 30-team Franchise rebrand roleplay series I've created for MLB 20 the Show. My goal is to incorporate a custom team over all 30 current MLB teams, creating a alternate, fictional based Major Leagues.

For this league, I decided to choose 30 locations that aren't represented in current day MLB, as well as team names that are a little uncommon. Anything I could do to make these teams stand out and be unique, I tried. Although I am sticking to the locations and team names, the jerseys and colorways could potentially change come March. All 30 of these logos are currently in the vault.

Rosters
I have yet to decide what my final plan will be with the rosters. I have a lot of created fictional players from unfinished MLB 19 projects that I could potentially port over. It would take a lot of work, but if I have the time I will try to provide a fully fictional organization wide roster (2,700 players)

League Setup
The league is divided into two sub-leagues, the Eastern Circuit (AL), and the Western Circuit (NL). The divisions are named as followed

Eastern Circuit (AL)
Colonial Division
Appalachain Division
Gulf Coast Division
Western Circuit (NL)
San Andreas Division
Great West Division
Dirty South Division
Heres a quick preview of some of the uniform concepts for 2020. All the team namesand locations are to remain the same. Logos and jerseys are subject to change.
DIVISIONS NOT SHOWN : GREAT WEST DIVISION, DIRTY SOUTH DIVISION
IBU Colonial Division.jpgIBU Appalachain Division.jpgIBU Gulf Coast Division.jpgIBU San Andreas Division.jpg
Any feedback on this League idea would be greatly appreciated. I am open to any critiques or changes for the uniforms, after all I am one person who put together 30 of them. I have purchased the mvp edition of MLB 20, and I plan on working on making this league come to life during the early access weekend.

Last edited by CrimsonLeal; 03-06-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 20: 30-Team Franchise rebranding series

I'd love to see this. I presume youd have to recreate all of these for 20?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #3
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

I think this is great too bad there aren't enough non-branded stadiums you would have to have teams play in the same stadiums.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #4
MVP

My other question is which rosters are you using with this? I use Bacon's fictional and it would take something miraculous to get me to switch over.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Perhaps Bacon will know more than me, but I think this seems fine. You can import team branding and use a different roster set I believe. I don't think the rebrand also ties the player into it when you export and then import a team -- though I could be wrong.

Either way, this looks cool man. I plan on featuring Bacon's ish on front page once new Show comes out and I'm sure this could end up being similarly cool and useful to as many eyeballs as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #6
Rookie

CrimsonLeal's Arena

THE OTHER 2 DIVISIONS I COULD NOT POST
IBU Great West Division.jpgIBU Dirty South Division.jpg

I am WAY more concerned with translating these jersey concepts over to MLB 20. As a long time roster creator, I'd love to have the chance to collaborate with some of the other guys who do great work on here.

But unless any of them come to me with interest, I plan on busting out a fictional 40-man for all the 30 teams, how I settle OVR's and attributes is undecided.

& for the record I did not create and post this to spite any others who plan on doing this type of Franchise for MLB 20. The odds of more creative, and interesting custom leagues ideas are highly likely.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #7
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Perhaps Bacon will know more than me, but I think this seems fine. You can import team branding and use a different roster set I believe. I don't think the rebrand also ties the player into it when you export and then import a team -- though I could be wrong.

Either way, this looks cool man. I plan on featuring Bacon's ish on front page once new Show comes out and I'm sure this could end up being similarly cool and useful to as many eyeballs as possible.
Yeah, seems like it's all independent to me.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 02-14-2020, 02:32 PM   #8
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Nice work. Are these logos going to be available in the vault. I'm really bad at logo creation and yours are really nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »