Home

Anything is Possible - A Minnesota Timberwolves MyLeague

This is a discussion on Anything is Possible - A Minnesota Timberwolves MyLeague within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Anything is Possible - A Minnesota Timberwolves MyLeague

I always seem to end up bored for one reason or another with any MyLeague I try to run, so inspired by a Blind Bid Free Agency spreadsheet I created for my Madden league I had the idea to turn it into a random events generator for NBA 2k.

You can check out a thread devoted to that sheet HERE

This thread is going to be used to document my personal MyLeague with hopes that the random events generator will keep things fresh constantly which will keep me motivated to keep playing games and posting content.

I will pick up this MyLeague at the All Star break, however since I am using a custom roster the stats and records are similar but not exact to the real life standings as of 2/16/20.

Game: NBA 2K20
Roster: MyLeague Overhaul Injuries (Personal Custom Roster)
Sliders: Trifecta 2k20
MyLeague Sliders: Schnaidt's Sliders (with tweaks)
Quarter Length: 12 minutes
Approach: play 1 game & simulate 2 games. Will run between 1 and 5 random events on the first of every month during the regular season, and between 5 and 10 times after each off season.

Last edited by TheDominator273; 02-18-2020 at 09:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2020, 09:07 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Anything is Possible - A Minnesota Timberwolves MyLeague

Last edited by TheDominator273; 02-17-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:08 PM   #3
Banned

2019-20

All NBA Teams
Spoiler

Season Awards
Spoiler

NBA Finals
Spoiler

Last edited by TheDominator273; 03-05-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
Banned

2019-20
Record - 26-56
Division Rank - 5
Conference Rank - 14
Playoffs: No
Player Awards: Karl-Anthony Towns All NBA 2nd Team, Jarrett Culver All Rookie 2nd Team

Last edited by TheDominator273; 03-04-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #5
Banned

Re: Anything Is Possible - A Minnesota Timberwolves MyLeague

Minneapolis, MN - In a shocking piece of news, Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor has agreed in principle to sell the franchise to an ownership group lead by Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf. There has yet to be a confirmed number on the sale price, but it is rumored to be around $1.5B.

Among the minority owners in the group is former Timberwolf Kevin Garnett. Garnett has previously stated his intent to be a part of the Wolves in an ownership and front office capacity and it is believed there was a deal in place between Garnett, Taylor, and the late Flip Saunders following Garnett's return to the franchise in 2015 in which Garnett would be able to buy a stake in the team. This deal never materialized after the passing of Saunders. Garnett has since held a grudge against Taylor.

The sale is expected to be approved by the NBA League Office and be officially completed following the conclusion of the 2019-20 season.

Last edited by TheDominator273; 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2020, 02:12 PM   #6
Banned

Minneapolis, MN - Coming out of the extended All Star break the Minnesota Timberwolves came out flat on Friday night and suffered a blowout loss to the Boston Celtics. The loss came despite strong games from Karl-Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell who scored 33 and 25 points respectively. Unfortunately for the Wolves it was the supporting cast that didn't show up as the only other player in double figures was rookie forward Jarrett Culver who scored 10 points on 2-8 shooting.

While the loss wasn't a surprising outcome given the complete overhaul the Wolves roster has taken since they added 9 new players at the trade deadline and have only had a full roster for one game previous (a road loss to the Toronto Raptors). What was surprising was the lackadaisical effort from the Timberwolves role players who were lacking hustle and effort. Hopefully this was simply a sign of a hangover after a 9 day break since the last game and not a sign of a team that has given up completely on the year. The former can be excused, while the latter would be an indictment on the coaching staff if a roster that has been completely turned over that has now played only 4 games together and has players auditioning for significant roles on the team moving forward, has decided to mail it in for the rest of the season.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:40 PM   #7
Banned

Old 02-20-2020, 01:50 PM   #8
Banned

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »