Home

Re: franchise re-branding and stadium choice

This is a discussion on Re: franchise re-branding and stadium choice within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 02-17-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0

I decided to test the rumor about attendance impacting revenue in franchise mode.

Here's what I did. I started two franchises - Marlins and Yankees. I played a full month in each franchise. One month I used a minor league park with <10k capacity and then I replayed the same month with the team's actual ball park. I used manage mode and I played one pitch and then fast forwarded to the end of the game. I played one pitch because you have to do that to get an attendance in the game log. If you simply sim the entire game there is no attendance listed at least none I can find.

At the end of the Marlins month with the small ballpark with attendance of less than 9,000 per game they had $3.5 million in revenue. At the end of the month with the real ballpark with attendance of more than 20,000 per game they had $3.3 million in revenue.

In the Yankees franchise at the end of the small ballpark month they have revenue of $9.8 million. At the end of the month in Yankee Stadium revenue was the same at $9.8 million.

I simmed a month from the calendar and revenue was slightly less at $9.7 million.

If someone can find fault with how I tested I'd welcome that input but based upon this test it appears attendance does not impact revenue. That being the case I see no downside to using a minor league ballpark or classic ballpark with smaller capacity if that is what you choose.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:10 PM   #2
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

I wonder if attendance and revenue is more tied to win/ loss record rather than ballpark. The better the record the better the revenue?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 02-17-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Excellent job man. It sounds like the dynamic budget results from performance and attendance (as we figured) is just visual.

It should be safe to assume now we can use the minor league parks without issue.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Excellent job man. It sounds like the dynamic budget results from performance and attendance (as we figured) is just visual.

It should be safe to assume now we can use the minor league parks without issue.
It's possible % of capacity - which is listed alongside turnstile - is a factor. Size of the stadium wouldn't matter for % of capacity.

I'm going to play the remainder of my current season in various milb parks to decide which one I will use.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:31 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

that's strange, I wonder in which Show they changed how it worked. maybe when they complicated weekly budgets lol

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2020, 09:25 AM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
that's strange, I wonder in which Show they changed how it worked. maybe when they complicated weekly budgets lol
Probably when the whole ticket prices went away

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »