Home

Old 02-19-2020, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

CrimsonLeal's Arena

OVR: 0
IBU Fictional Roster

This is a thread for my upcoming fictional roster project that I will be incorporating with my 30-team Franchise Rebrand series for MLB The Show 20. My goal is to create around 3,000 fictional players from scratch to go along with my 30 custom relocated franchises. This is not my first attempt at a fully fictional roster, as I’ve had much experience over the years crafting and creating fictional players and teams. I attempted a fully fictional MLB the show roster back in 2016, and released a roster in the last-gen vault (MLB 16). Despite working on nearly 2,000 fictional players on that roster alone, I’ve decided to leave it be, and start completely from scratch. All of these players on this roster were created, named, edited, and rated by me. No players were imported or taken from other roster projects.
Screenshot (26).png

The Independent Baseball Union Player Pool
This roleplay fictional roster consists of 2,700-3,000 fictional players I have created on MLB 19. I have done my best to make each player unique, and fun to play with. Like most of my fictional projects, I try to have some kind of structure to the league, and team setup. However, I’ve done this project a bit differently. Hopefully people enjoy this concept.
Player Pool
For the MLB 20 upload of this roster, I will be posting all 3,000 players on a roster on random teams. The teams that you see put together will not be final. Since all these players are going to be incorporated into my Independent League, I have decided that instead of pre-assigning players to teams that I would do a fantasy draft with all 30 custom teams to select the final rosters. The final selected rosters will be the rosters that I carry over into future MLB the show titles. However the first version of this roster I release will feature players in random organizations for those who wish to do their own player assignment or fantasy draft.
Free Agents
Since only 2,700 players can be active in an organization in MLB The Show, you may be wondering why I plan on making 3,000+ fictional players. I plan on including additional free agents to this roster. Since I will be doing a fantasy draft, there wont be a real surge of talent coming from the FA's, but I plan on making it completely fictional, which I don't think any fictional project has done.
Fictional Legends
Another idea I plan on including into this roster project is a fictional legends pool. I have yet to decide how many fake legends I plan on making up. Most likely enough to fill up 1 team (not all 3). I know this is a weird and unnecessary thing to do but I thought it would be fun to add more players, and hopefully play around with the ratings, and legend animations.

More Info On The IBU Here!

MEET THE STARS
Meet some of the highest rated players featured in the IBU roster. These guys are sure to be game changers for your franchise. More player profiles to come soon!
Screenshot (28).pngScreenshot (30).pngScreenshot (31).pngScreenshot (32).png

Hopefully this project gets someone excited as it has me very excited for MLB 20. I can't wait to be using this roster along with my custom teams. I plan on releasing the 30 team logos and uniforms first before importing this roster over to MLB 20. I will provide updates over the course of the next few weeks on how this roster is coming along, unveil more star players, and hopefully give out the release dates for the teams and the roster.

Would love to hear some feedback. If anyone is interested I can upload my progress to the MLB 19 vault for those who want to test out the current players.

Last edited by CrimsonLeal; 02-19-2020 at 07:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 03:07 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: IBU Fictional Roster - MLB 20 3,000 Created Player Roster

I think is a really awesome idea you have going here. I used to do this in 2k games where I would sim until every real player was gone, usually taking not quite 20 years. I've tried to think of ways to implement this concept in the show without having to make all these players, but The Show's off seasons take way too long to use the same strategy since you are forced to control one team and not an entire league. I 100% support your journey to make The League and hope it goes well. Really fun concept I wish more people explored when playing sports games. It's truly exciting to watch completely fake players make names for themselves to the point where every year you find yourself checking to see how these individuals did who aren't even on your team. Best of luck.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:40 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm probably sticking with Bacon's roster and whatever he is doing with the custom teams, but I'm going to take a long look at this. I love the uniforms, the league structure, etc. It feels old timey, traditional baseball. I do hope you will be using players WITHOUT pre existing stats, that way the entire league starts from scratch record and stat wise.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #4
Rookie

CrimsonLeal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
I'm probably sticking with Bacon's roster and whatever he is doing with the custom teams, but I'm going to take a long look at this. I love the uniforms, the league structure, etc. It feels old timey, traditional baseball. I do hope you will be using players WITHOUT pre existing stats, that way the entire league starts from scratch record and stat wise.
I will be. The concept is that all these players are entering a NEW type of baseball league (2020 being the inaugural season). All the players will be non face-scanned players with 0.000 service days.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #5
MVP

I wonder which fictional will be out first...how long do you reckon creating "3,000" players will take you? I imagine many months
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2020, 04:01 PM   #6
Rookie

CrimsonLeal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
how long do you reckon creating "3,000" players will take you? I imagine many months

Many months sounds like a bit of a stretch. I started making the roster around this time last week and I’ve made around 550-600 players so far.

Should have enough players to fill up the MLB rosters by the time the show 20 launches.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-26-2020, 04:43 PM   #7
Rookie

CrimsonLeal's Arena

Screenshot (33).pngScreenshot (34).png

2/26 Update
Its been about 10-11 days since I've started working on this project. I can say with certainty that the player pool has around 820-850 created players in it right now. Although I'm only around 1/4 of the way done, this is big milestone for me. Since it takes around 780 players to fill out all 30 teams 26-man roster, I'm glad to know that ill have enough players to fill out all the active rosters.

My goal is to get this done as soon as possible, and have as many players ready to port over to MLB 20.

I will soon be making an announcement on the league and how player-team assignment will be handled.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:32 PM   #8
MVP

You've really put a lot of thought into this, which is encouraging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »