Home

If im averaging 20ppg off the bench, why am i not starting?

This is a discussion on If im averaging 20ppg off the bench, why am i not starting? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
If im averaging 20ppg off the bench, why am i not starting?

I'm sorry... But this is something that has stuck around since the inception of MyCareer. If i drop 30 my first game in the NBA, regardless of draft position or who's in front off me, more than likely I'm starting the next game. On top of that, i know i haven't earned a lot of minutes, but if I'm the leading scorer in the game I'm not going to go to the bench for a minutes restriction. Coach will probably ride me until i stop doing what i was doing.

I think play should dictate minutes, starting position VS. Some arbitrary algorithm that decides after so many games then I'm able to start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2020, 01:08 AM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

Re: If im averaging 20ppg off the bench, why am i not starting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I'm sorry... But this is something that has stuck around since the inception of MyCareer. If i drop 30 my first game in the NBA, regardless of draft position or who's in front off me, more than likely I'm starting the next game. On top of that, i know i haven't earned a lot of minutes, but if I'm the leading scorer in the game I'm not going to go to the bench for a minutes restriction. Coach will probably ride me until i stop doing what i was doing.

I think play should dictate minutes, starting position VS. Some arbitrary algorithm that decides after so many games then I'm able to start.

Not really.

At best you get more minutes after 1 game and if you keep on going then you will get the starting job.

Coaches usually need to see more before jumping to conclusions

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-24-2020, 07:15 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Maybe your coach wants more fire power off the bench. Lou Williams 2.0
Old 02-24-2020, 11:47 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:

because you and the coach doesnt get alone. he found out you were looking at his wife at the last team dinner. thats the biggest problem. you have the home wrecker badge.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:07 PM   #5
Rookie

ESPOMAN's Arena

OVR: 17

I guess maybe.... Especially more so when you were able to get drafted and you're like the 3rd pick in the draft not starting is pretty odd too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #6
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I've put up 50 off the bench before and not started the next game. Y'all crazy. Lol

Even if im undrafted, if im putting up 20 ppg and 10 rebounds in not coming off the bench for the Knicks. Come on now.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:26 AM   #7
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
I've put up 50 off the bench before and not started the next game. Y'all crazy. Lol

Even if im undrafted, if im putting up 20 ppg and 10 rebounds in not coming off the bench for the Knicks. Come on now.
Its the Knicks.

What more needs to be said?
Old 02-25-2020, 05:21 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:

Unfortunately it's always been this way, you usually have to play at least between 5 and 10 games before they give you serious playing time.It's just how 2K rolls....and at this point it's not like MyCareer is known for extreme realism.

If you want the "RP" reason, I guess they want to see if you are consistent against most of the league and didn't just have a couple lucky games against easy matchups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »