Home

Out of the Park Baseball 21 Livestream - First Look at the Game & Some of the New Features (Archived)

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 21 Livestream - First Look at the Game & Some of the New Features (Archived) within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2020, 10:43 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Out of the Park Baseball 21 Livestream - First Look at the Game & Some of the New Features (Archived)

Out of the Park Developments hosted their first look at Out of the Park Baseball 21...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 21 Livestream - First Look at the Game & Some of the New

Love their commitment to franchise and giving their customers what they want.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:49 PM   #3
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 21 Livestream - First Look at the Game & Some of the New

I think my most favorite addition so far might actually be customizable screens for player pages and roster views. Those changes/additions are HUGE.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:20 PM   #4
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

As an Offline franchise player I might have to finally grab this. I love baseball and deep franchises, but never pulled the trigger.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 03-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
As an Offline franchise player I might have to finally grab this. I love baseball and deep franchises, but never pulled the trigger.
Oh man, what are you waiting for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 01:52 AM   #6
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I have been watching a series on OOTP Baseballs twitch archives called The Big Rich Machine. It is a series of streams of two people taking on a Reds franchise. The first guy is at the computer and streaming and doesn't seem to have too deep of a knowledge of franchise and the guy on the stream with him has to be one of the most in depth, knowledgable people that I have ever seen in any video about OOTP.

They have literally spent around 12 hours going simply on off season stuff, which is as far as I have gotten. The knowledgeable guy literally fleeces the AI in some trades though. But he does a good job of explaining why he does things and I have learned some nice tips.

Here is the Twitch channel

https://www.twitch.tv/ootpdevelopmen...=all&sort=time
Old 03-08-2020, 01:16 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 8

Finally watched the video for the Franchise First Look.

The video itself is pretty painful to get through (lots of audio issues), but there is some great content in there. They go a bit more into the scouting. The new scouting selection to have a player's stats affect scouting accuracy is pretty neat.

What really excited me though was the part on the draft. There is a lot more information coming to us now. We're no longer waiting for some arbirtary date to see the list of potential draftees. Seems like will always have access to the next couple of years of draft eligible players (high school freshmen advancing to sophomore then to junior, etc). This could help with formulating draft strategies each year.

The new mock draft also seems interesting. I'm not sure how useful it will actually be, but it could help with some user story lines.

The new prospect pipeline is also pretty neat. It looks like we're no longer limited to just seeing the top 100 overall prospects. We can expand that list, and even sort it to show top 100 out fielders or just the top prospects for a particular team. There is also more information like MLB ETA (can't remember if this was in older versions or not).

Absolutely love the sortable coaching screen. If they didn't add anything else this year then this alone would have sold me on it. I hated all the screens that I had to go through to look at a coach before. I often just left the minor league system to the AI. Even at the MLB level finding coaches just wasn't fun. I will definitely be invested in my entire organization this year.

Lots of great franchise changes to get excited about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »