Home

MBMavs20 Pitch Edits 2007-2019

This is a discussion on MBMavs20 Pitch Edits 2007-2019 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2020, 12:10 PM   #1
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
MBMavs20 Pitch Edits 2007-2019

Now that Spring Training has started, I figured now would be a good time to post. I started this project over a year ago and I finally finished.

These 2 google spreadsheets have my pitch edits for every pitcher who pitched in the Majors from 2007-2019. All pitch data is from Brooksbaseball.net. I use my own formula for control and break, MPH comes straight from Brooks.

My edits are a bit different than other edits based on personal preference. I use Running fastballs more than most, and I favor Forkballs over Splitters because they have a little more horizontal movement.

With the vault filled with more recent rosters, these edits can help anymore replaying more recent seasons.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet for seasons 2007-2015. Shoud be 9 tabs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

This link has seasons 2016-2021. TAB 6 has 2021 pitch data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Now, the next question is... With full Minors this year out of the box, should I do Minor League Pitcher edits?? Little bit tougher since there is no hard data, just scouting reports.

However, I am picking up a copy of Baseball America's Prospect Handbook 2020 today at the bookstore... :-)

Stay tuned...

Enjoy fellas. Pitch edits have always been one of my favorite things and I find I can't play unless I get pitch repertoire's as close as possible.

As always, comments and feedback are welcome.

Last edited by MBMavs20; 03-06-2022 at 01:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #2
Pro

Keeler2434's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MBMavs20 Pitch Edits 2007-2019

Your edits are incredible man. I use them in my franchise. You’re edits make pitching much more realistic.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeler2434
Your edits are incredible man. I use them in my franchise. You’re edits make pitching much more realistic.
Thanks for the kind words.

I am now thinking of getting the MVP copy a few days early so I can work on some Minor League pitchers. I just purchased a copy of Baseball America's 2020 Prospect Handbook. It lists what kind of pitches the prospect throw so I can hopefully translate that to some pitch edits.

Hopefully all or most of them pitch in Spring Training so Brooksbaseball.net will have some data on them.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:33 PM   #4
Pro

Keeler2434's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
Thanks for the kind words.

I am now thinking of getting the MVP copy a few days early so I can work on some Minor League pitchers. I just purchased a copy of Baseball America's 2020 Prospect Handbook. It lists what kind of pitches the prospect throw so I can hopefully translate that to some pitch edits.

Hopefully all or most of them pitch in Spring Training so Brooksbaseball.net will have some data on them.
You’re welcome. Brooksbaseball is on top of pitchers all year long so I think they will. N if you plan on doing them minor leaguers then obviously it wouldn’t hurt to get them game on Friday instead of Tuesday. Just to get some extra work in.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Son of Motown's Arena

Looking forward to this. I used the Full Minors with your Pitch Edits, and it was incredibly fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2020, 12:36 AM   #6
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Motown
Looking forward to this. I used the Full Minors with your Pitch Edits, and it was incredibly fun.
Thanks man.

I started some work on minor league prospects tonight. Using Baseball America Prospect Handbook and a site called 2080baseball.com. It's got a lot of good info about minor league pitchers and some videos as well.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
Thanks man.

I started some work on minor league prospects tonight. Using Baseball America Prospect Handbook and a site called 2080baseball.com. It's got a lot of good info about minor league pitchers and some videos as well.
I would also just recommend checking Brooks for any minor league guys too as some have info from fall league, spring training or even futures game. I also know statcast did info for futures game too and at least had pitch type and speeds! Look forward to helping again this year .
Old 03-22-2020, 01:52 AM   #8
Rookie

Another thing I’d recommend is using statcast in general as they have movements on different pitches, and it takes the element of gravity out of the picture as slow pitches will naturally drop more. Also I noticed some discrepancies, for example Lucchesi has 1 movement on his CHG according to your ratings but has the most drop (or close to it if I remember correctly) according to statcast of any CHG in the majors. Some of the leaders do closely resemble your ratings though & I like that they also have vertical & horizontal movement. You can easily compare multiple pitchers. I love the work you do & am by no means telling you to change your method, just think the more ways possible to do pitch edits, the more accurate the info! Thanks for the hard work again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »