Home

Career Mode (what is your story)

This is a discussion on Career Mode (what is your story) within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AO Tennis 2 Career Mode (what is your story)

Hi,

Update 3/12 - Thoughts on the game so Far Career Mode.

- Cut scenes are getting old - same thing over and over again.

- Gameplay "slippery" lacks the solid play of Top Spin 4 back a decade ago.

- Cannot get past 2nd round of tourney - I suppose I could lower the difficulty level and just grind a few tournament wins and spend the money to upgrade player?

- Training is really boring and they integrated it in so you have to do it to improve - this is a large reason I don't play often anymore.

- Predictable - hit from baseline over and over hoping to keep it in then rush the net for drop shot to get point. Opponents seem to be the same over and over.

- Still lose critical points when player freezes on an easy shot - this should be fixed on next patch or I am selling / trading in my game. Too many other good titles out there to waste more time - sorry Big Ant. I am quite disappointed in this game - looked promising from watching videos but gameplay is just not there and storyline has gotten old already. Cannot see tourney brackets after being knocked out, having to watch a marker on the opponents side of the court instead of watching your own player and timing (TS4) and random freezes in gameplay has me on the verge of moving on..

- Last - this message board is weak so I am out of here - thanks to those that did post something valid and for reading my rant.... I will continue to watch jennerator, ApexHound, and SimUK to see if they talk about any updates or improvements. Heck I would grind thru this game if I was paid by YouTube and I do enjoy their content as they seem to win quite often which is something I cannot manage to do

Interested to hear how others career modes are going?

Me - still in first yr, cannot seem to get past 2nd round on any tournament in Amateur level. Yesterday won small tournament by reducing difficulty to lowest just to get some money and ended up with sponsorship. Willing to steal a few low level tournaments in order to improve my player enough to compete in Amateur level and go from there.

Last edited by DustyNacho; 03-12-2020 at 01:48 PM. Reason: More to add
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2020, 06:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Career Mode (what is your story)

I am in my second year. My guy just got to 50 for skills or attributes, whichever you buy and I can’t win anything. I will win a game here and there but for the life of me I can’t win a tourney to save my life. I truly suck apparently.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Hi guys, I’m really enjoying the career. I started on pro level and I won the first 3 futures and after that a challenger. Not all that easy because I had set and match points against me but I survived. It feels that the gameplay feels very realistic in how to build up a point and hit a winner in the end. Also when you have a rally in which you take the initiative, the AI makes enough unforced errors. Make sure that you create some weapons in your skills. Some skills I left very low in the beginning, but I increased for example my topspin forehand to 60. In that way you are able to put pressure on your opponent. With the first player I created I had all my skills the same level and that was much more difficult. I hope you guys will win some trophies!
Old 03-03-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Am i the only one who enjoy play the Career Mode with a true real player?

I just started my career with Federer on Veteran level
Old 03-03-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Don't you miss out on all the repetitive cut scenes where you told to look at your schedule Maybe I will start with Aaron Kriksein or create a Stan Smith - @ Big Ant - please add the adidas Stan Smith shoes white and green
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 03:00 PM   #6
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

what game yall talking about?
Old 03-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
what game yall talking about?
AO TENNIS 2
Old 03-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #8
MVP

Re: AO Tennis 2 Career Mode (what is your story)

My story is I have no idea how career mode works. All I know is my player’s OVR has fallen to like 19 including 2 stamina and 1 speed. Anyone know wtf is going on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »