Home

MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2020, 09:35 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread

It's that time again folks!

Share all your stories and happenings of your franchise here! I look forward to reading and following along with everyone's franchise.

This is by far my favorite thread every single year!

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I have retired my carryover franchise after 8 seasons. It was a hell of a ride, but I am committed to re-starting and taking the current Cardinals roster and get them into the postseason and then build this team in my vision for the years to come.

I am hoping to get Spring Training started tonight, but I am waiting on the roster update that drops at Midnight and checking out those rosters before doing so.

Enjoy and good luck to everyone in MLB The Show '20! I hope we have some World Series Champions!

EDIT: I will not be starting over. I tried playing with the current team and all I could do was think about the team that I built and wanting to acquire the players to rebuild that team, and some were impossible because they were draft picks.

So...despite the "issue" that I have with re-doing the offseason, I'm going to redo it in '20 and roll with it. I went back to an old save right after the World Series and took care of as many bad contracts as I could by force retiring those players. So this offseason should be better than the one I completed where I completely forgot to do that "trick".

So I'm starting my offseason now and whatever happens...happens. I'm not going to concern myself with where guys signed my first go through and what not. Just going to let it play out, because I simply cannot start over....I'm too invested/attached to this team and franchise universe.

So here we go...2024/2025 has begun!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 03-14-2020 at 06:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 04:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread

I've noticed they missing couple key players on mlb team like aj Puk for Oakland and Carter Kieboom for nationals
Old 03-13-2020, 07:55 AM   #3
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

There's an OSD bug on the Show presentation theme in franchise (I've reported it)

Essentially when using the MLB The Show presentation theme the OSD on the score bug is bringing through stats for the previous player/batter.

For example the averages are fine but when it shows season/series stats on the pop up, e.g. 4 for 20 with an avg of .200 it is for the previous player.

So Mike Trout comes to bat with an avg of .211...this displays ok but the pop out then displays his season stats as 10 for 23 with an avg of .435 and these are the stats for the previous batter Anthony Rendon.

Small issue which should be easily fixed.

EDIT - just noticed it is also happening on the MLB network graphical osds too. It's even displaying the stats from the other team against batters.

Simply put, for some reason it's not refreshing correctly on either theme in franchise and needs investigation

Last edited by Ninjoid; 03-13-2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Anyone sim yet? How is progression looking?

Is there anything that is looking like they updated From last year but didn’t mention in streams?
Old 03-13-2020, 08:19 AM   #5
Pro

Just saw you can now have 17 year olds in the game. Can you edit to that age inside Franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Does the inter-league schedule rotate?

Sent from my VS996 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #7
Rookie

duh1call3dston3s's Arena

The way I prefer starting out my franchise is by following what’s going on IRL. Whatever happens after my season begins is what will happen in my universe then, doesn’t have to mirror real life any longer.

My question to those of you that play like this is, where do you put the players who are really injured to start of the season IRL?
Old 03-13-2020, 11:38 AM   #8
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh1call3dston3s
The way I prefer starting out my franchise is by following what’s going on IRL. Whatever happens after my season begins is what will happen in my universe then, doesn’t have to mirror real life any longer.

My question to those of you that play like this is, where do you put the players who are really injured to start of the season IRL?
You would put them on the IL, you'll have to manually do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »