Home

Slider recommendations for fully-simmed 20-minute games?

This is a discussion on Slider recommendations for fully-simmed 20-minute games? within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Slider recommendations for fully-simmed 20-minute games?

With no NHL games being played I went ahead and simulated a game, and the results were...insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1kKCjVQVCI

I tried a few slider sets, but most of them are geared around making it more realistic for people playing shortened periods and don't seem to translate to a 20 minute CPU vs CPU game.

So if there's a sim crowd out here, is there a set you'd recommend for that particular use? Appreciate any advice you have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Slider recommendations for fully-simmed 20-minute games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodO
With no NHL games being played I went ahead and simulated a game, and the results were...insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1kKCjVQVCI

I tried a few slider sets, but most of them are geared around making it more realistic for people playing shortened periods and don't seem to translate to a 20 minute CPU vs CPU game.

So if there's a sim crowd out here, is there a set you'd recommend for that particular use? Appreciate any advice you have.

so u lookin' to sim actual games and not actually play them ?, so u mean like sim entire game on 20 minutes right ?, I can probably put slider together for u if u want, I found I was really good at simming entire game and not play them for while now, when I did this, I won a Stanley Cup with Washington Capitals , so... which mode u lookin' for All-Star or Super Star ?, when I won Stanley Cup with Washington Capitals with it was on All-Star ?, just let me know, i'll set one up for u.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, just simming the game entirely with no human control. I've had it set on the highest difficulty and just tweaking sliders to try and get it down to more 'realistic' stats/results.

I did the Oilers/Islanders game last night with tweaks to make the puck more 'loose' and it helped a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nZA4cYMU5A

The shots were down in the 50+ for each team, which is high but not absurd. I don't want to make puck control worse, I actually want to improve it just a LITTLE, but I'm not sure where to tweak. Hitting maybe - to make puck control harder that way?
Old 03-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodO
Yeah, just simming the game entirely with no human control. I've had it set on the highest difficulty and just tweaking sliders to try and get it down to more 'realistic' stats/results.

I did the Oilers/Islanders game last night with tweaks to make the puck more 'loose' and it helped a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nZA4cYMU5A

The shots were down in the 50+ for each team, which is high but not absurd. I don't want to make puck control worse, I actually want to improve it just a LITTLE, but I'm not sure where to tweak. Hitting maybe - to make puck control harder that way?

highest as in superstar right ?, okay I can do that.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
Rookie

It's very hard to make to make this game enjoyable at 20 min periods. You have to nerf passing, puck control, all kind of speeds (if you want realistic stats) until it doesn't ressemble hockey anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 01:49 PM   #6
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryta47
It's very hard to make to make this game enjoyable at 20 min periods. You have to nerf passing, puck control, all kind of speeds (if you want realistic stats) until it doesn't ressemble hockey anymore.

yah I am having trouble too, but I can see momentum is still there, I am not even playing and I my team scores 7 goals and it was like 7-3 for us and I just watched the AI CPU come back and win it 7-8 in over time, I wasn't even playing the game I was just watching the game also, u can actually see AI CPU start making momentum based comeback, I didn't even touch controller, for except to stop game from going idle to once in while when it tries go idle, so now am tryin' lower time period too now, I tried at 8 minutes, but that was too long, so now am gonna try between 4-7 now minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »