Home

Please allow us to turn off the post pitch graphic.

This is a discussion on Please allow us to turn off the post pitch graphic. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2020, 04:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Please allow us to turn off the post pitch graphic.

This was a feature in previous years but with the new change, you can no longer turn off the pitch callout ( location/ pitch type ) graphic that comes up after the pitch.

It is distracting and having more options is always better, and it helps to make the game look more like a clean less gamey feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 04:18 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Please allow us to turn off the post pitch graphic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMets2016
This was a feature in previous years but with the new change, you can no longer turn off the pitch callout ( location/ pitch type ) graphic that comes up after the pitch.

It is distracting and having more options is always better, and it helps to make the game look more like a clean less gamey feel.
Big agree, it should be tied to the "Swing/Pitch info" option - I'm pretty surprised it's not, to the point I'd almost consider it a bug.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Big agree, it should be tied to the "Swing/Pitch info" option - I'm pretty surprised it's not, to the point I'd almost consider it a bug.
I actually want the swing feed back on, but the graphic off.

That was a setting I used previously before and like, especially this year with the perfect/perfect as well.

This feature used to be called pitch call out I believe in years past.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

I pointed this out on the Beta and reported it.....I don’t understand why it is not off.

It has to be a bug.

Edit:

I see pitch callout has been removed as a toggle. Oh no........please tell me this was not a dreaded design decision. If so.....honestly....shame on you guys SDS. That is a huge bugaboo. So many of us play with a clean screen and do not want video gamey visuals popping up on our screen. I simply cannot understand decisions like this....taking away options is a terrible business model. I mean it had a toggle. Why remove it?

I just want to know if this can be fixed or not....so I can forget about it and move on. So thank you to any developer who can simply give us an answer on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 03-14-2020 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:42 AM   #5
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

I’ve noticed it too. I also like the clean screen approach and having the pitch location/type/speed pop up as a graphic after each pitch is kinda aggravating. I’m all for options but I do hope this gets patched and works as intended. I did submit a bug report yesterday in case it is actually a “bug”. I really wish they would put that info tied to the R2 button after each pitch.

I like the clean screen but with the new pci, I find myself jumping into the options menu multiple times a game to toggle it on just to see the previous swing info, then turn it back off, and exit out of the options menu just to return to the game. Not the end of the world but it is pretty cumbersome to do that when it seems like it could be tied to R2 and easily accessible if desired.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I really think it was a ghastly design decision

Guys, PLEASE report this in the feedback form to SDS. I submitted my report yesterday. and received an acknowledgment. But PLEASE, also send in your feedback as well to the following:

https://theshow.sonysandiegostudio.g...d=360003007534

This is the gist of the text I used if anyone wants to copy it:

I love this year's game but there is a significant issue for myself and a number of others in the simulation-oriented community. We are folks who play completely "clean screen" (i.e. not using any visual aids or feedback mechanisms). However, we are dismayed by the inclusion of the strike marker (which displays on every pitch and identifies ball/strike, velocity, and pitch type). We feel that this is an immersion-breaking feature that while it may be desired by "competitive" online players, is inappropriate for high-level, sim-oriented gaming. As such, we would like to request that a toggle be included within the game as part of an upcoming patch to turn off this display.

We thank you kindly for your continued support to the sim community

I got a standard "it's been passed along to the design team" message, and that's fine (and all I expected). But perhaps getting more people saying the same thing will make them realize how many of us have an issue with this.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #7
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Are we talking about the marker that shows where the ball ended up? And is Hollow for balls and solid for strikes?

I’m pure simulation, clean screen, and have used AS sliders since he started posting them, but personally, I think it looks absolutely fantastic.

However, The Show has always been about choices so hopefully they fix it for those that do not want it.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #8
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Are we talking about the marker that shows where the ball ended up? And is Hollow for balls and solid for strikes?

I’m pure simulation, clean screen, and have used AS sliders since he started posting them, but personally, I think it looks absolutely fantastic.

However, The Show has always been about choices so hopefully they fix it for those that do not want it.

We are talking about the one that pops up right after the pitch. I believe you might be talking about the pitch marker/info you see after pressing R2 while at bat. That’s not the same one.

Attached is a pic of the marker/pitch info we’re talking about.

IMG_0464.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »