Home

Team Affinity, best practices?

This is a discussion on Team Affinity, best practices? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2020, 01:01 AM   #1
Rookie

nastyshoes69's Arena

OVR: 3
Team Affinity, best practices?

So what is the best method to get these done? Just stack cheap players and play games with them? Buy cards and do the rival exchanges? Not sure how to go about these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 03:04 AM   #2
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Team Affinity, best practices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyshoes69
So what is the best method to get these done? Just stack cheap players and play games with them? Buy cards and do the rival exchanges? Not sure how to go about these.
Obviously the quickest method is to throw stubs at it to finish the collection and exchanges.

If you are a really good player then the repeatable Showdown's for the division can earn you a nice amount of points.

March to October for the team can gran anywhere from 20 to 60 points depending on difficulty if you are successful at it.

Stacking your team with players will be one of the slowest methods. You will need to play like 3.1 nine inning games to get to the 250 innings and that only grants you a small amount of points.

WARNING - If you do the collection first and lock in your teams players they will become NO Sell and cannot be exchanged. At 10 points you earn a team affinity pack that has 4 of that teams players and they also will be no sell so you will wind up with duplicate players that can't be sold.

Last edited by Dolenz; 03-15-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #3
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Obviously the quickest method is to throw stubs at it to finish the collection and exchanges.

If you are a really good player then the repeatable Showdown's for the division can earn you a nice amount of points.

March to October for the team can gran anywhere from 20 to 60 points depending on difficulty if you are successful at it.

Stacking your team with players will be one of the slowest methods. You will need to play like 3.1 nine inning games to get to the 250 innings and that only grants you a small amount of points.

WARNING - If you do the collection first and lock in your teams players they will become NO Sell and cannot be exchanged. At 10 points you earn a team affinity pack that has 4 of that teams players and they also will be no sale so you will wind up with duplicate players that can't be sold.
Wait, the team affinity packs are no sale as well? What the hell is the point in them then? I already thought it was a con swapping out SHow packs for guaranteed silver and bronzes, but I can't even sell them? Urgh
Old 03-15-2020, 09:45 AM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Wait, the team affinity packs are no sale as well? What the hell is the point in them then? I already thought it was a con swapping out SHow packs for guaranteed silver and bronzes, but I can't even sell them? Urgh
Well the one you get at 10 affinity points (that awards two bronze and two silver) definitely is because it says so on the Team Affinity screen. I am not sure about the later ones.

I understand the logic behind the pack, wanting to give people players from the chosen team so that they can start accumulating innings with them without buying players, but I feel like it should be the first reward.

I am personally not bothering to lock in my cardinals players into the collection until I have at least earned that pack.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #5
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Well the one you get at 10 affinity points (that awards two bronze and two silver) definitely is because it says so on the Team Affinity screen. I am not sure about the later ones.

I understand the logic behind the pack, wanting to give people players from the chosen team so that they can start accumulating innings with them without buying players, but I feel like it should be the first reward.

I am personally not bothering to lock in my cardinals players into the collection until I have at least earned that pack.
IF they were sellable, I'd get the point, but as unsellable they are completely useless. I locked in all the Rays, getting me 10 affinity points, that got me a pack with 4 guys I already have, that I can't sell, can't quick sell and can't even exchange. They are literally pointless, it's incredibly short sighted of them not to see this as a problem.

You get 6 of these packs for getting to 60%, what on earth would anyone want to do with 24 copies of players they already have, that they can't do anything with! Especially as they've had to open about 4 affinity packs already by that point! The Orioles only have 3 silvers, if you get to 60% with them then you are pretty much guaranteed to have like, 10 of each player that you can't do anything with!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 10:37 AM   #6
Rookie

nastyshoes69's Arena

OVR: 3

For the most part the cards are not worth it imo. There are a few though like Gallo, Torres, and Albies that are def worth the grind. Maybe 89 Olson as well.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyshoes69
For the most part the cards are not worth it imo. There are a few though like Gallo, Torres, and Albies that are def worth the grind. Maybe 89 Olson as well.
I hope they release high diamond and signature cards in the later phases. One of the problems with team affinity is unless you're willing to invest a lot of hours in MTO or stack your DD lineup with your favorite team's players (and assuming your favorite team is actually good lol), the time it takes to grind means the cards are usually obsolete by the time you earn them.

I got to 50 on every affinity program last year but it was mostly by cleaning out my entire collection in the exchanges and even then I basically had no use for any of the cards except the relievers. I wouldn't have earned a single card from it without exchanging. I would up kind of regretting it because I sacrificed a lot of fun cards without really getting to use them.

I would like to see them bring back bronze and silver affinity rewards and stat grinds for affinity. The latter were really good offline content.

Last edited by brunopuntzjones; 03-15-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:47 PM   #8
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Hard to imagine many people getting to the 100-200 level rewards if they don't release some significantly better content to achieve it. No one is going to play that same division showdown 10 times over, or repeatedly complete Mto, or play literally thousands of innings with players from one team

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »