Home

March to October thread

This is a discussion on March to October thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
March to October thread

I never really bothered with it last year, but with the minors added and a few more bits and pieces, I figured I'd give it a go.

Anyone else playing it, planning on playing it or have plans for it?

I am currently just passed the trade deadline with the Rays on All Star, sitting comfortably in first place in the AL East (where we belong). Traded Manuel Margot for Jonathon Schoop and traded a collection of bad prospects and Joey Wendle for Miguel Andujar (weird). Also called up Brendan Mckay.

It's alright. Not particularly enthused by it, mainly just a ton of games where I take over in the 7th in a close game and get asked to finish it out, with the occasional player lock game. Doesn't feel hugely engaging or like I'm in control of much tbh, pretty much no idea how my guys are doing as it never bothers to prompt you or have any milestones mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: March to October thread

Started one on HoF with the Braves while I wait to start a franchise and currently in September.

Huge lead in the NL East and the top 4 of Acuna, Albies, Freeman, and Ozuna has been absolutely absurd. All have 25+ homers and 80+ RBIs. I made a trade for Jeff Samardzija at the deadline and he's been a good addition to the back end of the rotation and even been in the pen a bit.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5

I did one with the Mariners on Hall of Fame but that was too hard so I bumped it to all star. I think I finished 60-80. It was pretty fun though, I think I'll give it another go sometime. I like how you can continue into a franchise.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Bit annoying how you have no control over rosters and the AI is so stupid. After trading 2 major leaguers for Andujar, it meant we had space for an extra man, but because it's up to the AI, it brings up Chris Hermann to be our 3rd choice catcher :/ Doesn't seem like I get any option to swap him for anything resembling something helpful.

Has anyone completed it and know if we get a second prospect call up opportunity later in the year, or am I stuck with the chump?
Old 03-16-2020, 11:14 AM   #5
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Bit annoying how you have no control over rosters and the AI is so stupid. After trading 2 major leaguers for Andujar, it meant we had space for an extra man, but because it's up to the AI, it brings up Chris Hermann to be our 3rd choice catcher :/ Doesn't seem like I get any option to swap him for anything resembling something helpful.

Has anyone completed it and know if we get a second prospect call up opportunity later in the year, or am I stuck with the chump?
I got 2 call-up opportunities in mine, plus the AI automatically brought up guys when the rosters expanded
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2020, 11:15 AM   #6
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5

I had a few call up opportunities.

What they need to do is merge this with franchise. Let us control the rosters like usual but keep the cool storylines and sim features. Could be something really neat. I'm guessing they will with the ps5
Old 03-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm going to do a few of these this year. Good way to try out some teams that I may want to eventually use in Franchise.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-16-2020, 11:33 AM   #8
Pro

polyduster's Arena

Started a MTO with the Royals on Dynamic Difficulty.

I had 4 trade opportunities and 2 call up opportunities.

Majority of the games have been around 1-3 innings.

Didn't look good for making the playoffs until I won a couple of must win games in September. On game 162, I had to beat the Twins (#1 Wild Card team) to get into a one game tiebreaker against the Red Sox to see who would play the Twins in the Wild Card game.

The game against the Twins was a full game and I was able to pitch well with Junis and score a couple early runs. I won 4-2.

Now I host the Red Sox in another full game.

I've enjoyed the mode more than last year. I just wish we could continue to play MTO in year two of the franchise if we wanted or had the option before each year. That way you could mix it up if you wanted instead of being forced into the normal franchise mode for year two and after.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by polyduster; 03-16-2020 at 11:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »