Home

Why is ohtani not a 2 way player?

This is a discussion on Why is ohtani not a 2 way player? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2020, 08:48 AM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Why is ohtani not a 2 way player?

What if the point of 2 way player option if it is greyed out ? And it says no under it for him. Also he counts as a pitcher so the angels can’t have 14 pitchers in the roster can only have 13 so the 2 way option is broken because of this. You have to have him sitting in your rotation or bp. Not just as a hitter

The only thing they change was you can put a DH pitcher at lineup screen but can’t put him at DH in lineups to keep there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #2
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

Re: Why is ohtani not a 2 way player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
What if the point of 2 way player option if it is greyed out ? And it says no under it for him. Also he counts as a pitcher so the angels can’t have 14 pitchers in the roster can only have 13 so the 2 way option is broken because of this. You have to have him sitting in your rotation or bp. Not just as a hitter

The only thing they change was you can put a DH pitcher at lineup screen but can’t put him at DH in lineups to keep there
The way to add him as a batter is at the lineup screen. Since they only give you 4 lineups, it makes sense that you can't have him in the rotation/bp and lineups because at some point there would be a conflict. If they had something like daily lineups, I can see how it can be done, but not the way they have lineups set up right now.

This 2-way player is still a new thing so it may take time for them to figure out a way to implement them in the game. For right now, it is what it is.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:11 AM   #3
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

New thing ? They had 3 years to fix this ohtani thing and each year I’ve had to find a work around from sending players up and down with the angels playing around with rotations to get it to work. First year it was subbing a DH burning a bench spot work around last year it was moving the rotation around to make him start a DH. Now this year it’s the 13 min pitcher problem. So I’ll have to send down a player each time and muck around the rotation and send guys up and down to get it to work

This year the angels are stuck with a 25 man roster this isn’t how 2 way players Exemption works he should not count as the 14th pitcher.

Last edited by ninertravel; 03-18-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
New thing ? They had 3 years to fix this ohtani thing and each year I’ve had to find a work around from sending players up and down with the angels playing around with rotations to get it to work. First year it was subbing a DH burning a bench spot work around last year it was moving the rotation around to make him start a DH. Now this year it’s the 13 min pitcher problem. So I’ll have to send down a player each time and muck around the rotation and send guys up and down to get it to work

This year the angels are stuck with a 25 man roster this isn’t how 2 way players Exemption works he should not count as the 14th pitcher.
What's wrong with just plugging him in at DH when you select your lineup? You can select pitchers to hit at that screen.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:25 PM   #5
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

2 way players have to start as pitchers and earn the status in franchise mode, its the way the game is coded, thats the way it is for this generation

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2020, 03:53 PM   #6
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
2 way players have to start as pitchers and earn the status in franchise mode, its the way the game is coded, thats the way it is for this generation

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I get that but why is there a 2 way option that is greyed out and ohtani has “no” anyway on his ? What is the point of that option? Shouldn’t he already be a two way player.? It isn’t very clear here. It’s like that option wasn’t meant to be shown should have been hidden.

I wouldn’t be so must of a problem if Ohtani was going back to pitching again I guess. But that he hasn’t pitched for a long time now and it’s gonna be even longer!
Old 03-18-2020, 05:56 PM   #7
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

I am curious about how this will work in franchise. Since he is in the rotation and not the lineup, does that mean that if you sim all of the Angels’ games then he basically gets 30-34 starts and only bats when he is pitching against the NL and actually bats as a pitcher?
Old 03-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #8
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbravesfan
I am curious about how this will work in franchise. Since he is in the rotation and not the lineup, does that mean that if you sim all of the Angels’ games then he basically gets 30-34 starts and only bats when he is pitching against the NL and actually bats as a pitcher?

Exactly this
Simming is useless in this case. because you HAVE to have him as a starter. and the CPU won't start him in the lineup because you can't force that in, only BEFORE the game.

the two way thing doesn't work the way it should unless you babysit it. it's a pain but it's a workaround

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »