Home

Clarification on rosters, options, face scans, etc.

This is a discussion on Clarification on rosters, options, face scans, etc. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Clarification on rosters, options, face scans, etc.

I'm a long-time veteran of this site and have played The Show for many, many years. I always want to start my franchise with a solid roster set and while this year's game came with the minor league rosters on the game it seems there's still some glaring issues. Luckily it looks like those issues will be resolved shortly. However, I feel somewhat confused about a few things regarding some of what I'm referring to.

If anyone can give me a more detailed explanation I (and I'm sure a lot of others on here) would appreciate it, as much of this can get lost in the numerous threads on the main page here.

First, Ridin' in apparently releasing his own roster this weekend based off of the original, default roster. Is this correct? And it's my understanding that this will fix an issue where the CPU makes way too many trades early on to try to balance out their roster (for example the Oriole's having 12 catchers in their system).

But will this fix the options issue? For those that aren't aware many minor league players have incorrect number of options. Meaning that some of your top prospects will have to clear waivers long before they would in real life.

Then there's apparently another roster that San Diego Studios will release that will include a few big name prospects that were somehow left out of the game, like Gavin Lux from the Los Angeles Dodgers. Will he have a face scan then? Will the face scan be included in Ridins' roster?

For me at least there seems to be a lot of confusion on which roster to use for franchise. I was really hoping that since the minor league rosters were in the game I'd be able to just jump right into franchise mode on day one. However, here I am, nearing 10 days with the game still trying to figure out what roster to use to start my franchise.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Clarification on rosters, options, face scans, etc.

I do know that the option issue will not be fixed by this update for players who have face scans in the game.

I am not sure if there is a list of who that includes... But to me this still means you have to have 30 team control to avoid this issue.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:17 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytown954
I do know that the option issue will not be fixed by this update for players who have face scans in the game.

I am not sure if there is a list of who that includes... But to me this still means you have to have 30 team control to avoid this issue.

I do control all 30 teams, so I guess I’m basically waiting for the next SDS roster with missing prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
Old 03-19-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I do control all 30 teams, so I guess I’m basically waiting for the next SDS roster with missing prospects.

Ridin is releasing one this weekend or early next week so if you're ok with the options issue then his should be fine.

For me it's just the waiting that really sucks.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

This is why I’ve started creating new franchises in July or August and just using my carryover franchise on release.

The amount of (annual recurring) issues is disappointing but at least gameplay continues to be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytown954
Ridin is releasing one this weekend or early next week so if you're ok with the options issue then his should be fine.

For me it's just the waiting that really sucks.

But what about the SDS roster update coming soon? Doesn’t that have more face scans and will it fix the options issue?

Streaming on Twitch
Old 03-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
But what about the SDS roster update coming soon? Doesn’t that have more face scans and will it fix the options issue?

Face scans yes. No word on if it'll fix options.

But also now no word on when it'll even come out. Opening Day could be in July.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:59 PM   #8
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Quote:

I do 30 team control as well like you. I’m more worried about the face scans as well. Glad I haven’t purchased it yet this year. It seems like kind of a mess for franchise players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »