Home

CPU vs CPU Stats vs 2019 MLB Stats

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU Stats vs 2019 MLB Stats within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2020, 10:33 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
CPU vs CPU Stats vs 2019 MLB Stats

I am running a CPU vs CPU season along with MOM my Royals when it is their turn on the schedule. Here are some stats through 34 games compared to real life 2019 in (). All Default except both SB Sliders up +1 and Wind down to 0. I was seeing too many home runs with wind at Default

AB 34.22 (34.29)
R 4.38 (4.83) Bumping Errors up will help this a little
H 8.71 (8.65)
E 0.25 (0.60) Think all 4 Error sliders need to move up a notch
2B 1.79 (1.75)
3B 0.04 (0.16)
HR 1.50 (1.40) Wind to 0 has really helped as my last test set was 1.90
BB 2.69 (3.27)
K 8.74 (8.81)
SB 0.26 (0.47)
CS 0.15 (0.17)
DP 1.04 (0.71)
HBP 0.28 (0.41)
SP IP 5.18 (5.20)
AVG .254 (.252)

All in all kudos to the developers this game plays great! You have to believe their testing for accurate stats is done similar to just letting the AI play it out and go from there. The rest is just Human Interaction to the guys who are just playing the game (depending on individuals skill level etc) I sure hope they don't patch gameplay as I am loving this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2020, 01:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CPU vs CPU Stats vs 2019 MLB Stats

Thanks for sharing. I haven't had a lot of time to test enough games for myself so this is really helpful. From my personal experience, most of the stats are looking pretty good, right out of the box. The only blip would be the inflated home runs (already had two pitchers gone deep in fewer than 10 games played). Bumping power slider down to 4 seems to help a little, but I'm a bit concerned of the effects it will have on overall offense, which is actually pretty good on default for once.

Anyways, I'd rather have that problem than the CPU not generating enough offense, which seemed to be the biggest issue in previous MLB games.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

How is the complete games looking like?
Old 03-25-2020, 07:54 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
Thanks for sharing. I haven't had a lot of time to test enough games for myself so this is really helpful. From my personal experience, most of the stats are looking pretty good, right out of the box. The only blip would be the inflated home runs (already had two pitchers gone deep in fewer than 10 games played). Bumping power slider down to 4 seems to help a little, but I'm a bit concerned of the effects it will have on overall offense, which is actually pretty good on default for once.

Anyways, I'd rather have that problem than the CPU not generating enough offense, which seemed to be the biggest issue in previous MLB games.
Yes my first test run was everything at Default except dropping Power down -1 to 4. I only ran 15 games but the HRs were at 0.80 and runs were around 3.20. Much smaller sample size, but agree with you that dropping power hurt the offense too much. For some reason every game when I started testing the wind was blowing out so that is why I messed with the wind to check and it definitely helped. There is still just a tad too much power but like you said it is better to have a slightly better offense then a weak offense IMO
Old 03-25-2020, 07:56 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLion
How is the complete games looking like?
Not sure I understand sorry. Do you mean are Starting Pitchers getting complete games? If so, no. But it is in line with how the game has evolved in real life. Dominant performances will get you at least 7.0 IP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Not sure I understand sorry. Do you mean are Starting Pitchers getting complete games? If so, no. But it is in line with how the game has evolved in real life. Dominant performances will get you at least 7.0 IP
I was referring to how many complete games are you getting with your slider test? On default there are too many complete games in comparison to Mlb stats
Old 03-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #7
Rookie

shawn306's Arena

So basically go with the defaults but boost the errors to 6 and bring the wind down to 0 ?
Old 03-26-2020, 03:01 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn306
So basically go with the defaults but boost the errors to 6 and bring the wind down to 0 ?
Correct
Those 5 and Steal Ability +1 (6) & Steal Frequency +1 (6)

Through 46 CPU vs CPU games this is as close to 2019 MLB stats as I have seen

Last edited by tgreer; 03-27-2020 at 09:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »