Home

Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview

This is a discussion on Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2020, 04:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPuF...ature=youtu.be

Here's a quick preview for everyone. I just finished my spreadsheet I've talked about in a few threads here and wanted to share the immediate results as quickly as possible. Please read the video description for more information

I will be providing a tutorial video within a week as I state in the video description. I just finished the spreadsheet and wanted to post something immediately. And yes, this WILL work on console, though you will need a computer of some sort to apply the mods in the first place

I had to make my spreadsheet private because of some trolls that I assume came from this forum (not sure why but whatever), but it's public again and open to comments here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

If you are talented with photoshop please comment here and maybe we can work on a total update mod that includes all modern jerseys, stadiums, etc since I obviously cannot undertake that all myself between school and work. If you have questions, comments or concerns feel free to tag me here or comment on youtube!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview

I'm definitely interested. So question right off the bat.... how do you access the files? Changing the adidas cleats to all black and only having the adidas stripes white would be sweet. Give Nebraska some red socks... Man that would be a game changer.

another awesome thing would be able to remove conference logos from jerseys and pants when your team switches conferences....

Last edited by tucker06; 03-26-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:29 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Salute to you sir!
Old 03-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #4
Rookie

pitsch911's Arena

This is awesome. I have an older machine so I cant run the games in a playable FPS level, but with these mods, it looks amazing.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Heck, I'll learn photoshop JUST for this, this is incredible. Now I just need to get my hands on a PS3 ISO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2020, 01:56 PM   #6
Rookie

I just want to clarify that you DO NOT need to play on RPCS3 for this to work. Though if you want to support them feel free to donate to their patreon page here: https://www.patreon.com/Nekotekina

They're criminally underfunded for what they do (they release 10+ updates a day sometimes and the two main devs are running old hardware and making under $3k combined a month)

Anyway, this WILL WORK ON ACTUAL CONSOLES. You just need a way to run unsigned code/games since we are modifying game files here and obviously can't place them back on the original disc. For PS3 the easiest way is usually HEN or CFW, and I believe on Xbox 360 the best ways are with RGH or JTAG

Also please DO NOT download the game online if you plan on playing on RPCS3. There might be some legit copies out there, but 99% of the copies that I have seen people with have modified files that cause issues in the emulator. Just get a copy from a friend or buy, dump (means creating a digital backup of disc) and sell/return a copy if you plan on playing with RPCS3. Dumping instructions are here: https://rpcs3.net/quickstart
Old 03-26-2020, 08:42 PM   #7
Rookie

image0.jpg

So using just the Ea DB editor trying to see if there is a way for console guys to just edit and swap around certain uniforms and colors and such.. and got Wash.St. to take on UCF's stadium and uniforms.. makes me think they are tied together somehow but not sure how.. any ideas??
Old 03-26-2020, 08:46 PM   #8
Rookie

image0 (1).jpg

Was able to take the Nike Facility field and place it inside Alabama's stadium as well.. something I'd been wanting to do with a Teambuilder team.. Baiting Coppers on YouTube sparked some new interest for alot of stuff with this editing of the game for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »