Home

IF YOUR MOVING teams

This is a discussion on IF YOUR MOVING teams within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
IF YOUR MOVING teams

if your relieing teams around, what would you do.

im going take Astros and swap them with Arizona, but what other moves would you make.

would take the brewers and swap with the rays and rename the rays.

or would take the tigers or Indians have one of throws two replace the Rays and renam the rays.

or would you have a different idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2020, 10:46 PM   #2
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: IF YOUR MOVING teams

I don’t have the game so I’m not sure if this is even possible, but if it is I’d get rid of divisions completely and just have AL and NL
Old 03-27-2020, 11:39 PM   #3
Rookie

sharkdaballer's Arena

I recreated the Astros as the "Trashtros" and put them in the Rockies place so their interleague rival would be Texas
Old 03-28-2020, 12:13 AM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I'm not using the relocation feature, but there are a few teams I want to move around.

I'm definitely moving the Rays to Marlins park. Other than the name, it's a pretty good fit, and I just hate the Trop that much. Can't stand any place that has open bullpens at the Major level.

Speaking of which, thinking of playing the A's at The new Rangers stadium (Globe Life) and moving the Rangers back to old Texas. Globe Life actually is pretty close to how I imagined a new stadium for the A's. Red brick, green walls, and yellow accents. It's really just the dugouts and that Texan flag that give it away.

Have no idea where to move Miami to though. Old Miami seems obvious but I'm not a fan of that place, pretty terrible hitters eye.

Would also consider moving Detroit. I like where they play but I have enough real life issues with glare in my corner apartment, don't need to battle in game glare as well.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-28-2020, 07:44 AM   #5
Pro

But you can't "move" teams from one slot to another (move divisions). You can only rebrand them, which means you'd have to rebrand say, the Rockies, as the Astros...but then you lose all the uniforms, and some uniforms can't be recreated nearly as well.

This is why I doubt that I'd rebrand the Nationals to the Expos in my historical franchise...I'd lose the uniforms.

Unless there's a way around this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2020, 08:47 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I'm not using the relocation feature, but there are a few teams I want to move around.

I'm definitely moving the Rays to Marlins park. Other than the name, it's a pretty good fit, and I just hate the Trop that much. Can't stand any place that has open bullpens at the Major level.

Speaking of which, thinking of playing the A's at The new Rangers stadium (Globe Life) and moving the Rangers back to old Texas. Globe Life actually is pretty close to how I imagined a new stadium for the A's. Red brick, green walls, and yellow accents. It's really just the dugouts and that Texan flag that give it away.

Have no idea where to move Miami to though. Old Miami seems obvious but I'm not a fan of that place, pretty terrible hitters eye.

Would also consider moving Detroit. I like where they play but I have enough real life issues with glare in my corner apartment, don't need to battle in game glare as well.

Thoughts?

interesting take on the Oakland part. I had been trying to pick a stadium for them to move into, since I'm moving them to Vegas and just threw them in old Yankee Stadium. This rebranding Texas and giving them back their old stadium, giving Oakland new Globe Life is a good idea. My question is this.. Since youre only allowed to give 2 jerseys, which two do you give Texas to have to go with the white? Red? Blue? Powder Blue?

Thinking home whites and away powder blues

Im currently moving:
Tampa to Montreal and using Oracle.
Miami to Charlotte and using ?
Oakland to Vegas and will be using Globe Life
Arizona to Vancouver and using ?

any thoughts on what stadiums to use for Charlotte and Vancouver?

Maybe re-use Marlins park for Vancouver
and i seen someone say use Capitol Field for Charlotte based team?

Last edited by kenp86; 03-28-2020 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #7
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
interesting take on the Oakland part. I had been trying to pick a stadium for them to move into, since I'm moving them to Vegas and just threw them in old Yankee Stadium. This rebranding Texas and giving them back their old stadium, giving Oakland new Globe Life is a good idea. My question is this.. Since youre only allowed to give 2 jerseys, which two do you give Texas to have to go with the white? Red? Blue? Powder Blue?

Thinking home whites and away powder blues

Im currently moving:
Tampa to Montreal and using Oracle.
Miami to Charlotte and using ?
Oakland to Vegas and will be using Globe Life
Arizona to Vancouver and using ?

any thoughts on what stadiums to use for Charlotte and Vancouver?

Maybe re-use Marlins park for Vancouver
and i seen someone say use Capitol Field for Charlotte based team?
Like I said I'm not using the rebranding feature, I'm just going to pick to play in those parks when I face those teams. They will have all of their jerseys.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:02 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

just to clean up a posting when said swamping, i do mean rebranding. but it amounts to swaping beacuse if i do it, i'd sawp the players first to where they need to be save the roster, then rebrand who i need to rebrand. same effect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »