Home

MLB The Show 20 Franchise Mode: Smart Integration of Existing Features But We Need More Next-Gen

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Franchise Mode: Smart Integration of Existing Features But We Need More Next-Gen within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2020, 11:30 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB The Show 20 Franchise Mode: Smart Integration of Existing Features But We Need More Next-Gen

While franchise mode did not undergo any monumental changes in MLB The Show 20, a few...

Written By: Joe Doyle

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 Franchise Mode: Smart Integration of Existing Features But We Nee

When I got the game I went thru the rosters. The "full" minors. I noticed that there were multiple times the same face appeared on dozens of players on different teams. I believe there were about five of them that were really repetitive. So, the idea of full rosters is certainly a good idea, something went wrong.

Loving the game otherwise.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:34 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 20 Franchise Mode: Smart Integration of Existing Features But We Nee

glad AAA & AA got real players (mostly, still found a few fake players there, usually a dev) but once the PS5 gets separated from the PS4 (2024?) I really want to see full high & low Single A rosters expanded with another 15 spots for short-season prospects. in effect going from 90 man organisations to 140

so many little things that are really just for cosmetic purposes could be added that would immerse you even further. like, let me give a name to my G.M. and a slot for an owner name to remind me who's footing the bill.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Next up please:

Shorter seasons - dont want to hear about MTO its not the same

Ballpark creator - if not gladly pick from say 10 new state of the art Major league ball park creations from sds, milb parks arent good enough.

Team records - whichever team you take over lets just say the yankees it will still have all of THEIR achievements, 27 world series etc.. Need a clean slate.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-30-2020, 09:27 PM   #5
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Franchise in my opinion this year is ****!
Full minors? Nope
Relocate? Sure but with all the current stadiums and their logo's still appearing I would call it ok but not great or even good attempt
And also with all the bugs to the rosters and stats Franchise isnt even playable yet-
Overall for us strictly Franchise players until the last thing is fixed this game isnt even enjoyable this year-
And I really want it to be!

Stay Safe!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2020, 09:42 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorphinrush3000
Shorter seasons - dont want to hear about MTO its not the same
M20 & the old, adjustable shorter season mode are as similar as a homerun derby & a 3-point shootout.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-31-2020, 04:31 PM   #7
Rookie

My dream would be for MLB The Show to have as much depth as OOTP Baseball, I know this would be almost impossible, but maybe one day???
Old 03-31-2020, 05:07 PM   #8
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Seems like the same article every year for every sports game.

"They added this, but it doesn't work properly... They added that, but they need more, maybe a 3 year cycle? maybe next gen?... Game plays great, but patch ruined it, waiting for next patch... Legacy issues still abundant, I can't believe this got past QC, what? are they blind?..."

We're being strung along.

They add a few half baked features to hype-up day one sales and they fix nothing. Can a writer dig deep and figure out why this is the trend? Why are the betas good and then the first or second patch reverts the game to serve its crooked online scheme? Hmm? Instead of writing these (what seems like a copy and paste from last years' same story) benign, play it safe, don't offend, getting us no where, weakly speculative articles, can we get one that calls out this nonsense? This deception? This bate and switch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »