Home

Take Us Back To The Launch Version

This is a discussion on Take Us Back To The Launch Version within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Take Us Back To The Launch Version

MLB The Show Development Team,

We truly appreciate all that you do for us, especially in these uncertain times.

With the last two updates, multiple bugs have been introduced that are severely hampering the user's experience and causing more frustration than fun with the overall game experience.

I believe we as a gaming community can be patient and provide you with adequate time needed to not only develop an update that will fix the issues introduced in 1.05 and 1.06, but also clean up issues reported earlier on, and enhance our entire game experience.

Until you're ready, I have a favor to ask ... can you return us all back to the launch version of the game?

Doing that will enable us to get back to enjoying the game and allow you the time needed to make sure the next update you roll out is one we're celebrating.

Thank you for all that you do and while these issues that have arisen are no doubt frustrating, we are still all in with MLB The Show 20.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 08:59 AM   #2
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Take Us Back To The Launch Version

Completly agreed and co-signed. Launch version had its bugs but nothing major like we have now... its definatly more playable than the current version. We can wait for a definite fix while having the 1.00 version to play on.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:24 AM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Co-signed.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-01-2020, 09:39 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

With all due respect to those who have had their preferred way of playing the game rendered useless after this latest patch, please do not return us all to the launch version of the game.

While it may seem selfish to not cosign the request, some of the bugs that have been corrected in the updates have really boosted my enjoyment of this game. The OSD stat bug, the incorrectly scored hits, the balls going thru walls and counting as homeruns, etc...have all increased the enjoyment of this game for other community members, such as myself.

Again, I certainly understand the frustration of those who's preferred way of playing has been negatively impacted, but going back to launch version, imo, just increases the number of community members who would become frustrated.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-01-2020, 09:53 AM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
With all due respect to those who have had their preferred way of playing the game rendered useless after this latest patch, please do not return us all to the launch version of the game.

While it may seem selfish to not cosign the request, some of the bugs that have been corrected in the updates have really boosted my enjoyment of this game. The OSD stat bug, the incorrectly scored hits, the balls going thru walls and counting as homeruns, etc...have all increased the enjoyment of this game for other community members, such as myself.

Again, I certainly understand the frustration of those who's preferred way of playing has been negatively impacted, but going back to launch version, imo, just increases the number of community members who would become frustrated.

I hear you and certainly respect your opinion, CB. I know how much time you pour into this game each year.

There's no perfect solution here. My worry is that based on how quickly the last two updates have been rolled out and the issues that have arisen, is that we get another in a short amount of time that does more damage to the game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 09:54 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

1000000% agree. I even tweeted this out this morning. The out of the box experience was spot on. This is terrible.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:57 AM   #7
Rookie

Drop_ya_mitts's Arena

I've posted quite a bit recently and while none of the updates on the latest patch effect me, can I ask, of the people who are not happy with the latest patch, does it solely revolve around the fielding/baserunning when you set/use auto?
As this seems to be the only complaint I've seen relating to the patch.
Is that a fair summation?
Old 04-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #8
Rookie

Pretty scary that there are this many bugs and the next version of the game will be next gen. Not looking forward to the amount of bugs there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »