Home

Old 04-02-2020, 02:04 AM   #1
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

OVR: 3
What's with Kent Emanuel?

He's on the 40 man Astros roster. I looked at 4 different rosters, I don't know much about this guy, but why is his velocity at 0, Control at 10, and Break at 10. Does he only throw and Eephus pitch? Is this rating correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 05:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What's with Kent Emanuel?

That's really weird...did you notice anybody else with sketchy ratings?
Old 04-04-2020, 07:30 PM   #3
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs6490
That's really weird...did you notice anybody else with sketchy ratings?
That's really the only one that confounded me. Finally found a scouting report on him, saw what pitches he threw, and edited him as best I could from his stats. Man, I do this every year, ever since Knight started creating players. Always grateful Knight and Riden and others create players so everyone is real. I check through every team, fix the rosters all the way through putting players where I feel what level they should be, considering their age and stats, do a little editing here and there like if I see relievers with high stamina, I check and see if they are really starters and change them to SP's or lower their stamina. 40 man rosters are 90% accurate (hard to do this year, some Non-roster invitees are on MLB level, did the best I could on that). The Pirates only had like 3 1B, saw that Mason Martin is listed as their AAA first baseman on Fan Graphs, was lucky enough someone else, probably a Pirates fan, created him, found him in the Vault. Imported him over an A Ball, young, SS. Also, I don't take "real" injuries into consideration, try to make every team as strong as they can be at the start. This is pure "fantasy", never understood why people would try to adapt to what's going on in real time baseball. lol. To each his own. Also, made quite a few changes to positions, also based on what I see on the roster sites. This stuff takes me a while, but last night I finished all 30 teams and I'm happy with it. Now, my next chore is to check every single FA and those other FA teams, Ex. Long Ball, because a lot of those players are actually in camp with teams. Will adjust, probably starting that tonight.

To actually answer your question, no, haven't seen any other blatant ratings miscues, at least what I can recall. My roster used Riden 2.0 as the base.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalanh1
He's on the 40 man Astros roster. I looked at 4 different rosters, I don't know much about this guy, but why is his velocity at 0, Control at 10, and Break at 10. Does he only throw and Eephus pitch? Is this rating correct?

I also noticed this guy. Really strange ratings, don’t know how those got inputted.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:43 PM   #5
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hglenn01
I also noticed this guy. Really strange ratings, don’t know how those got inputted.
Those are his ratings on every Sony OL roster, and I guess no one who creates rosters noticed it. Checked 4 or 5 different ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

Connor Walsh(I believe)on the White Sox has weird ratings as well. All his pitches were zeroed out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #7
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM207
Connor Walsh(I believe)on the White Sox has weird ratings as well. All his pitches were zeroed out.

Just checked on MILB. com , yes was on the White Sox AAA, but it says he retired. Will look to see if he's still on the White Sox in the game if so, prime candidate to replace if I see a White Sox player in FA's. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:40 AM   #8
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

It may not have been Connor Walsh. I think they had 2 pitchers with the last name Walsh in their system at one point. Last name was definitely Walsh though
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalanh1
Just checked on MILB. com , yes was on the White Sox AAA, but it says he retired. Will look to see if he's still on the White Sox in the game if so, prime candidate to replace if I see a White Sox player in FA's. Thanks for the heads up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »