Home

Would maxing out pitch speed sliders require me to change other sliders?

This is a discussion on Would maxing out pitch speed sliders require me to change other sliders? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Would maxing out pitch speed sliders require me to change other sliders?

If I wanted to keep the game sim, and max out the fastball and off speed pitch sliders would I need to max out the other games sliders to adjust for this?

For example, would it require me to boost up the baserunner speed slider so runners could still steal bases?

Would boosting up the baserunner speed slider require me to boost up the fielders speed so they can get to balls and not give up a ton of triples.

Has anyone tried this, or have good maxed out pitch speed, legend mode sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Would maxing out pitch speed sliders require me to change other sliders?

In the past thr pitch speed did not mess with the base stealing ability. Base stealing was completely reliant on the Base Stealing Ability slider. I'd assume that hasn't changed.

― Plato
Old 04-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #3
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Pitch speed sliders do not affect game physics. It's visual only, which makes the game harder for the human player because you have less time to react. I play with Mike Lowe's sliders on legend / legend with max speeds and it plays fine, but your mileage may vary depending on your personal reflexes. Base runners, throwing etc has nothing to do with pitch speed sliders. .
Old 04-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I've seen people with conflicting results so it's not 100%, but based on my testing pitch speed works in isolation of the other sliders.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #5
Rookie

markor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I've seen people with conflicting results so it's not 100%, but based on my testing pitch speed works in isolation of the other sliders.

I’m not sure if it coincidence or the new patch but ever since increasing the pitch speed to 10 vs 5 the exact same swings that used to be good/good now are good/okay. Seeing a lot of just okay contact with pitches over the heart of the plate. Need a bigger sample size I guess. I use directional so the PCI placement shouldn’t be affected by pitch speed ?

Last edited by markor; 04-24-2020 at 02:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
I’m not sure if it coincidence or the new patch but ever since increasing the pitch speed to 10 vs 5 the exact same swings that used to be good/good now are good/okay. Seeing a lot of just okay contact with pitches over the heart of the plate. Need a bigger sample size I guess. I use directional so the PCI placement shouldn’t be affected by pitch speed ?
I've done more testing on the subject since I made that post, and I'll I have to say at this time was that results were inconclusive.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:53 AM   #7
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
I'll expand on what I said earlier to say that if increasing pitch speeds is effecting PCI placement, that probably means that raising pitch speeds increases the impact of K/9 vs Vision.

In theory, raising the timing slider should counteract the effect.

The key here is you can't just look at your own results. You have to look at the CPU as well. If the CPU is getting the same drop in quality hits on the same timing that you are, then odds are K/9 has been buffed vs Vision.

If not, you're likely just having a string of bad luck.

This is all theory crafting though. I don't have enough playtesting to confirm or deny any of this. I'm more focused on other sliders for now.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:00 AM   #8
Rookie

markor's Arena

I think the CPU is doing just fine.....
The more I think about it all, I’m wondering are all “good” timings created equal? I don’t mean from a result perspective but from a user input perspective. Maybe my timing is still in the “good” window but not as good?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »