Home

Fumbles are not an issue.

This is a discussion on Fumbles are not an issue. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1
Fumbles are not an issue.

So I have been hearing a lot of rumblings about the Enforcer causing too many fumbles and QBs fumbling too much. What I want to know is how often are you guys giving yourself up when a sack or big hit is imminent? On Sundays you can watch players give themselves up all game long, especially when catching across the middle. In fact you’ll watch defenders dip their shoulder and hit the ball carrier usually in the back kind of landing on him because he’s likely upset he didn’t get that big hit and isn’t going to let the ball carrier get away unscathed. Except for QBs that is. Now if Real football players had to fight for every inch and never give themselves up like I see almost every madden player. We would see way more fumbles and injuries just like we witness in Madden.

Hopefully EA doesn’t make this game less sim by allowing Sim players to just run around with little fear of injuries and fumbles. That’s not the real NFL.

To slide/give yourself up in Madden 20, hold down RT/R2, LT/L2, and press X/Square to slide.

Next time you see an enforcer running towards you I suggest you get down and stop trying to play arcade and then complain the game isn’t being fair to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fumbles are not an issue.

I understand why EA made the changes they did, but a QB scrambling and getting breathed on is almost a guaranteed fumble. It is such an unfair advantage playing against the CPU when the CPU has a scrambling QB.

Nothing to do with Enforcer. The Big Hitter trait plays a large role though.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I feel like in real life big hits don’t really cause fumbles nearly as much as in the game. They might dislodge a ball when a WR is making a catch but bone crushing hits cause fumbles far less often than a well placed helmet on the ball or guys with a good technique for stripping the ball
Old 04-04-2020, 06:21 PM   #4
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I feel like in real life big hits don’t really cause fumbles nearly as much as in the game. They might dislodge a ball when a WR is making a catch but bone crushing hits cause fumbles far less often than a well placed helmet on the ball or guys with a good technique for stripping the ball

I'd love if there was a punch mechanic that was dependent on timing. Something akin to what Tillman used to do.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I'd love if there was a punch mechanic that was dependent on timing. Something akin to what Tillman used to do.
He was so good at punching the ball out, I’d love to see a peanut punch put in the game if the implemented it properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2020, 12:50 AM   #6
MVP

You say that fumbles aren’t an issue, and yet QB’s are deliberately designed to fumble at a significantly high rate to make scrambling QB’s balanced in comp play.

Okay. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 10:23 AM   #7
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
You say that fumbles aren’t an issue, and yet QB’s are deliberately designed to fumble at a significantly high rate to make scrambling QB’s balanced in comp play.

Okay. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Half the league of QBs has a 50% chance of fumbling once a game based on the NFL 2019 season. Guys like Carson Wentz and Daniel Jones fumble the ball more than games played. QBs fumble the ball a lot and I see that reflected in the game. Protect the ball at all times. Btw Wentz has one of the best lines in the NFL and still finds ways to cough it up. Why? Because he likes to extend plays. What do madden players like to do? Extend plays. I bet if you played with the Eagles and coughed it up twice with Wentz you would have an issue. Even though that directly reflects the NFL.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #8
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
That would be a GREAT ability to add to the game. Who in the NFL do you think would earn that ability? I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head. Pat Tillman as already mentioned would be an example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »