Home

Year 2 Schedule

This is a discussion on Year 2 Schedule within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2020, 09:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Year 2 Schedule

So I'm in year 2 of my franchise and we're playing the same interleague games as last year. These are supposed to rotate from year to year... has this always been broken?

WTF? Its so easy... Madden has a complicated schedule system that changes opponents from year to year and they can't get this one thing right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Year 2 Schedule

it's not right ... but it's not broken either. this is one of the biggest reason I love carry-over saves, I just play 1 season in my franchise and wait until the next year to start up my next season.

as far as Madden goes, you can also punt on third down but you cant in the Show. I mean, WTH? it's all fine and dandy the Show has bunting but punting is where it's at.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-06-2020, 10:30 PM   #3
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

madden doesn't have 162 games either only 16 to deal with.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
madden doesn't have 162 games either only 16 to deal with.
That doesn't really make the schedule more complex, there's just more games.

MLB teams play 76 games within their division, 66 games outside their division but within their league, and 20 inter-league games. The only thing that actually changes year to year is which teams they play inter-league games against.

NFL teams play 6 games within their division, 6 games outside their division but within their conference (4 games against a division which rotates year to year and 2 more games against teams from the remaining 2 divisions -- matchups in this case are determined by the previous year's standings), and 4 inter-conference games against a division which rotates year to year. The only thing that doesn't change from year to year is the 6 games within their division.

If Madden can generate a new schedule correctly, The Show really should be able to do the same with a much more simple schedule. The Show's gameplay doesn't have anywhere near as much wrong with it as Madden's gameplay, but it seems like for years they have neglected little things like this.

Last edited by onegroove7; 04-07-2020 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:10 AM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

How does Madden handle when to schedule a 2, 3, or 4 game series? How does Madden handle giving teams multiple days off over the span of a 7 month season?

If it’s so easy to do then please go to the Show Nation website and submit step by step instructions via their feedback link.

Because one thing we know for certain from years of discussing this very topic, is that coming on to OS and claiming that its "easy to do" hasn't resulted in this feature being implemented. So either it's not as easy as people want to believe, or SDS just doesn't understand how easy it is to implement and just needs someone to walk them through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-07-2020 at 05:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2020, 06:54 AM   #6
Just started!

I understand the difficulty you guys are replying with. Honestly I don’t get why they don’t just use the prior two years’ schedules after year one and then rotate. That would give you the full interleague gamut, realistic travel between series, and minimal effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-07-2020, 07:45 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

For the record, Madden doesn't get it right either. I had 4 Thursday night games in year 2 of my franchise. Also, I had 4 road games in a row and 4 home games in a row. None of those things happen in the NFL. I'm not even sure they ever have teams play 3 road games in a row.

The Angels and Dodgers have played every year since 1997.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:09 AM   #8
MVP

Let's dispense with Madden and talk about another current baseball game, RBI 20. RBI 20 DOES rotate interleague schedules, so for the Show not to be able to do it, is plain ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »