Home

How long does a career usually last?

This is a discussion on How long does a career usually last? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How long does a career usually last?

I don’t have EA Sports UCF 3 yet, but I’ve been reading about it. I’ve heard that your CAF aswell as real UCF fighters careers can last into their mid 40’s even into low 50’s. Is there a way to stop or avoid this without intentionally ending your career before this happens?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 08:15 AM   #2
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Re: How long does a career usually last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSky
I don’t have EA Sports UCF 3 yet, but I’ve been reading about it. I’ve heard that your CAF aswell as real UCF fighters careers can last into their mid 40’s even into low 50’s. Is there a way to stop or avoid this without intentionally ending your career before this happens?
I fought a 66-year old Cormier once. I don't think there is anything to avoid this.

If you want to buy UFC 3 for it's career mode, I just want to give you a heads up; it's awful. Quite literally the worst sports game career mode I've ever played.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
I fought a 66-year old Cormier once. I don't think there is anything to avoid this.

If you want to buy UFC 3 for it's career mode, I just want to give you a heads up; it's awful. Quite literally the worst sports game career mode I've ever played.
Well the good news is I’m not buying it, I’m renting it from GameFly lol.

What dev thought that a career going into their 50’s and 60’s was a good idea? It’s totally not realistic and it’s just dumb. I’m guessing the longevity stat ( or whatever it’s called ) has something to do with it?
Old 04-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #4
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Well the good news is I’m not buying it, I’m renting it from GameFly lol.

What dev thought that a career going into their 50’s and 60’s was a good idea? It’s totally not realistic and it’s just dumb. I’m guessing the longevity stat ( or whatever it’s called ) has something to do with it?
AI aren't affected by longevity - they can just fight literal decades past their prime and then eventually just decide to retire, despite being 100 OVR at the age of 65. I have no idea how EA executed so many of the little (and big) details so poorly.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #5
Rookie

What if I picked a UFC fighter instead of a CAF in career mode? Would I still be able to go into my 50’s and 60’s?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 05:39 PM   #6
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
What if I picked a UFC fighter instead of a CAF in career mode? Would I still be able to go into my 50’s and 60’s?
No, roster fighters share all the same limitations as CAFs.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
No, roster fighters share all the same limitations as CAFs.
Forgive my stupid questions I haven’t played the game yet so I don’t know what’s in it. How many fights can I do with a UFC fighter? What if I start with an older fighter? Can I get into my 50’s or 60’s ( by 50’s and 60’s I mean age ) with someone like Conor McGregor?

Last edited by OrangeSky; 04-09-2020 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:33 AM   #8
Pro

In terms of realism and skill changes, the career is a disaster. Immersion-wise, EA UFC 3's career mode is already horrible as you have no idea what UFC cards look like, and champions stay the same, even if they are 50yo. Add to that the "7-8"-record scrubs who get to challenge you for your title so I wouldn't worry at all about "longevity", because you'll be tired of the career before you hit that. I've literaly never had to quit because of that. Once you hit 100 and have all the moves on L5, even on legendary, it becomes too easy to find the motivation to play on imo. Might as well start a new career.

People mainly complained about that because it's a negative and restrictive concept that shouldn't forcibly be in the game. Or those that play career before mastering the game's controls might suffer from it, but those will most likely be stopped by the ridiculous "rival" system that you have to surpass.

The coolest thing about career is the beginning, and unlocking moves through task-based sessions in different venues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »