Home

Can't play against user controlled teams in offline franchise?

This is a discussion on Can't play against user controlled teams in offline franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2020, 01:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't play against user controlled teams in offline franchise?

So I made an offline franchise in Madden 20 on PC so I could control all 32 teams so at the end of the season I could simulate this current off-season. I still want to actually play the games with my main team but I cannot. It has the opponents team selected with a random controller (I only have 1 connected) and you cannot un-select the team.

I tried googling this issue but could not find anything please help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Re: Can't play against user controlled teams in offline franchise?

You can't play against yourself with two accounts on the same console. I would think the same applies to the PC. Needs to be done from two systems if you want to go that route.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
MVP

To create a 32 team control franchise, use the SAME profile for all 32 teams. You do need 2 controllers however.

When it is time to play a game, make sure you main franchise screen is the team you want to use.

Go to play the game. On the team select/ playbook and uniform screen, use the 2nd controller to set the uniform for the opposing team (if you need to), make sure the playbook you want to use was set up in your coaches scheme PRIOR to playing the game. One you set the uniform, move that controller to the middle.

Then, select you playbook and uniform (if you need to) and play the game.

That is the only way I play franchise mode. I am on PS4, but I am sure that it works the same on PC
Old 04-09-2020, 02:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Wait, the game won’t let you control 32 teams but only play one team’s games if you only have one controller?
Old 04-09-2020, 03:07 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Wait, the game won’t let you control 32 teams but only play one team’s games if you only have one controller?
Well, it might, but if you want to change uniforms for the CPU team you need two controllers. I might have spoken too soon. I just know that if you want to change anything you have to have two controllers.

What I do is just before I go the team select screen is start the 2nd controller and log-in as a "guest" simply to change uniforms. Then I move it back to the center and set the controller to the side.

So, I apologize if I am wrong that you "must" have two controllers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 07:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
To create a 32 team control franchise, use the SAME profile for all 32 teams. You do need 2 controllers however.

When it is time to play a game, make sure you main franchise screen is the team you want to use.

Go to play the game. On the team select/ playbook and uniform screen, use the 2nd controller to set the uniform for the opposing team (if you need to), make sure the playbook you want to use was set up in your coaches scheme PRIOR to playing the game. One you set the uniform, move that controller to the middle.

Then, select you playbook and uniform (if you need to) and play the game.

That is the only way I play franchise mode. I am on PS4, but I am sure that it works the same on PC
If I hook up a second controller it shows up as a third player and I still can only select the team I am currently controlling. Also I only have one profile for all my user controlled teams. I don't even know if you can create multiple profiles on PC.

Basically when I go to play a game, it auto selects a second controller to the opposing team that I cannot move or controller so I cannot ready that team up.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXErik
If I hook up a second controller it shows up as a third player and I still can only select the team I am currently controlling. Also I only have one profile for all my user controlled teams. I don't even know if you can create multiple profiles on PC.

Basically when I go to play a game, it auto selects a second controller to the opposing team that I cannot move or controller so I cannot ready that team up.
I am really sorry to hear that, and I wish I had a answer for you. I have never played Madden on PC so I just assumed it would be the same. Hopefully someone in the PC section can help you out.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:21 PM   #8
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Well, it might, but if you want to change uniforms for the CPU team you need two controllers. I might have spoken too soon. I just know that if you want to change anything you have to have two controllers.

What I do is just before I go the team select screen is start the 2nd controller and log-in as a "guest" simply to change uniforms. Then I move it back to the center and set the controller to the side.

So, I apologize if I am wrong that you "must" have two controllers.
You don't need 2 controllers to change CPU unis in Franchise, it gives you the option.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 04-11-2020 at 12:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »