Home

Old 04-09-2020, 08:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Edits in Franchise

I’m curious of what you guys do in franchise mode to edit players and get ideas and maybe use it for mine. I like to be realistic as possible I don’t like to cheat myself.

For example if a player won mvp or by young I bump thier hitting or pitching stats by 10-15.

Like to get your guys thoughts and ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 11:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Player Edits in Franchise

I never mess with attributes once they make the majors. I'll edit some prospects and let things play themselves out. Only exception is I will add 9-19 points to the potential of any of the top 3 votegetters for ROY if they have a good season and have C or D potential.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

I'll tinker with attributes for real players drafted in my carryover if they are underperforming in the game vs real life, one boost to the pertinent attributes once, then a smaller one the next year, then that's it. The only other thing I started this year is to reduce stamina for starters that get move to the bullpen routinely, and vice versa for guys in the minors who get into the rotation due to injury/overall, etc. Otherwise I leave things alone. I don't edit based on awards or post-season appearances.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:51 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I used to change relievers to starters and vice versa and rerate their stamina until it was pointed out to me that interferes with their progression

A Work in Progress
Old 04-09-2020, 11:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I used to change relievers to starters and vice versa and rerate their stamina until it was pointed out to me that interferes with their progression
How does it interfere? Does this happen with any other positions/attributes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2020, 08:45 AM   #6
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I don’t mess with any attributes. I did go through and make equipment edits to every teams 40 man rosters though. I changed anything white to TC3 so the equipment will be white at home and gray on the road, as most players do this. I also gave everyone the Rawlings Mach Pro helmets as everyone was using those in Spring Training this year.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »