Home

Visual settings to eliminate the stutter?

This is a discussion on Visual settings to eliminate the stutter? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 04-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #1
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Visual settings to eliminate the stutter?

So I tried searching and found that the only posts that talked about settings were pretty old and recent comments made it sound like the methods no longer worked.

Does anyone have any recommendations for visual settings that you find to work well?
Some of my specs:

Gpu: Gtx 1070
Cpu: Ryzen 5 1500
55 inch TV screen

*Solution found in post #7. TLDR: Madden had defaulted to a higher resolution than my system could handle.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by NFCastle; 04-09-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Visual settings to eliminate the stutter?

I have similar specs. Just to be clear are you getting constant low framerate or smooth framerate with random stuttering?
Old 04-09-2020, 11:15 AM   #3
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

I'm getting the random stuttering. Kickoffs seem to be the worst, but other than that I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what is causing it. It just occasionally gets slightly choppy for a split second.

I had the issue in September, somehow had it fixed and just came back to the game this month and noticed that the issue is back.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
I'm getting the random stuttering. Kickoffs seem to be the worst, but other than that I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what is causing it. It just occasionally gets slightly choppy for a split second.

I had the issue in September, somehow had it fixed and just came back to the game this month and noticed that the issue is back.

Hmm that makes it much harder to pin down but I wanna try to help you troubleshoot it. First off do you have the Vsync setting turned on? If so try turning it off and see if you still get the stuttering
Old 04-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #5
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

I appreciate the help. That was the first thing I switched. I'm noticing the issue both with v sync on/off.

Currently I have 3d buffering on, fxaa, 3840 screen res (55 inch hd TV), med,med,high for the settings for grass/shadows/crowd, directx 11

Fps lock at 60 and no limit have both been tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by segarr
Hmm that makes it much harder to pin down but I wanna try to help you troubleshoot it. First off do you have the Vsync setting turned on? If so try turning it off and see if you still get the stuttering
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
I appreciate the help. That was the first thing I switched. I'm noticing the issue both with v sync on/off.

Currently I have 3d buffering on, fxaa, 3840 screen res (55 inch hd TV), med,med,high for the settings for grass/shadows/crowd, directx 11

Fps lock at 60 and no limit have both been tried.

No problem. I hope I can help. First off do you happen to have MSI Rivatuner installed? I'm guessing 4k is simply too much for the graphics card but you mentioned it wasn't stuttering before so I'd like to know how much of your system resources Madden is using.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #7
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

I have MSI afterburner and HWMonitor but I don't have riva tuner. I wouldn't have expected it with Madden, but it appears that you are correct about being at top utilization. The typical GPU and CPU usage is around 50-55%, but the "Max" detected was 95% on gpu and 100% on cpu while playing a few minutes of an exhibition.

I just turned my res down to 1920x1080 and locked fps to 60 while reducing quality on shadows/crowd/etc to low/low/medium. This knocked the numbers down to around 50-60% for maximums.

THANK YOU for pointing me in the right direction. I never would have thought M20 was that resource heavy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by segarr
No problem. I hope I can help. First off do you happen to have MSI Rivatuner installed? I'm guessing 4k is simply too much for the graphics card but you mentioned it wasn't stuttering before so I'd like to know how much of your system resources Madden is using.

Last edited by NFCastle; 04-09-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Oh that's great you were able to find the problem! You can probably bump the resolution up from 1920x1080 to like 2560x1440 and still maintain a 60 fps lock.

Just don't turn the crowd up any further than medium or your performance will tank. For some reason the crowds aren't optimized after that setting even though the graphical difference is negligible

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »