Home

Best Way to do historic Seasons?

This is a discussion on Best Way to do historic Seasons? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
DJT
Rookie

OVR: 2
Best Way to do historic Seasons?

Just wondering what is the best way to say download a historic roster and play from there. I tried downloading a 1999-2000 roster on Xbox, but somehow after the 2000 NBA draft there were duplicates of a few players.

Also all the rookies coming in were not rookies on the historic draft classes that 2k has, not to mention they only had like 6 real players in each draft.

I'm assuming I will have to download users draft classes instead.

And players are aging wrong. Alonzo Mourning was still barely 30. LeBron was 22 as a rookie. Greg Ostertag is still in his 20s. Weird stuff.

How is anyone else doing historic seasons?

Last edited by DJT; 04-10-2020 at 01:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Best Way to do historic Seasons?

Yeah I love trying historic seasons but it’s extremely hard to achieve due to the nature of myleague, the inaccuracies in the roster files and draft files, and salary numbers.

I wish 2K would implement a proper historic season option, with appropriate league settings, but that’s not my call.

I don’t have a best way, apart from taking it slow and using myleague only. It also depends on what type of historic league you want. Do you want to replicate history? Then you might as well just do single season mode with a roster, or play myleague and replicate every move methodically.

Do you want an alternate universe?

Do you want all things equal except for some teams changing?

I also find the commentary which is current day jars with any type of historic season I try to do.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Best Way to do historic Seasons?

You usually have to go through some rosters to find what you want and then go back and edit little things after you find one that you like. Then find the draft classes that people have made. They are usually better than the ones provided by 2K. And yes, after you start the next season, you have to find the rookies and then go edit them to be rookies. They usually transfer into the draft with their number of seasons played that they ended up playing in life. Would be nice if somehow the players that went through the draft had their years played reset back down to 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »