Home

Monitor Question

This is a discussion on Monitor Question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2020, 09:42 AM   #1
Rookie

cubspac's Arena

OVR: 8
Monitor Question

I am looking at getting a gaming monitor but I’m not sure what I need for the ps4 to play good. Could you give me some ideas of what to look for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Monitor Question

That is a very subjective question with a bunch of variables at play. I would be more concerned about which monitor is going to be a good fit for the PS5 if you plan on getting one when it comes out since you're probably going to own the monitor for years. There are basics like size, refresh rate, resolution, input lag, grey to grey response time, color spectrum, hdr or not, panel type etc... Basically any relatively modern monitor will work just fine with a PS4, it basically boils down to how much money you can spend. Knowing your budget and the size you're after is the main things we need to know. That said, the LG 32GK650F is a good monitor for the price. I have 3 of them, but I'm primarily a PC gamer.

Here is a review...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB5m_VuvSLM
Old 05-30-2020, 05:29 AM   #3
Just started!

I am new here (hope this is ok to ask this here in this forum). I am wanting to switch to a monitor (from my TV) to play mlb the show19.

Doing research...sounds like getting a monitor is the best way to help my game performance.

I have a ps4 pro (and regular ps4)...I can spend about $300 on a monitor. I prefer one at least 28-32 inches (which still seems small since I am used to playing on a 50 inch TV). Been doing a lot of research and reading....lot of info to take in.

Any advice on what specs I should be looking at in particular to help gaming performance? Visuals of the game are not as important...I would rather win as long as it still looks good.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-31-2020, 07:57 AM   #4
*p*r*t**n Sp*rts J*nk**

snaz16's Arena

OVR: 5

As knucksy said above,I would be looking more to the future for the Ps5,and even include the new Xbox and maybe even the pc if The Show is ported over to those.
I've been looking at a new monitor also,with the number 1 attribute being it is a HDR monitor.The market is somewhat limited (and a little pricey) but there are some out there.
LG and BenQ have a an HDR model,but the reviews are mixed. I have an Asus 32" 1440p right now,but since I got the pro and a 4k 55" Samsung,my game is much better on the big screen.
If this is not an issue and you got to have it right now,and most of us are playing at a balanced or faster setting anyway,due to stutter issues ,, then you should have little problem finding a non HDR 2 or 4k monitor in your size and price range.
I plan on holding off awhile until the HDR market picks up and we start getting some info on the specs for the next generation of consoles. Good luck.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:06 PM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

All I can say is... my hitting in the show using dynamic went from Rookie to All Star when I switched from tv to gaming monitor. I have Benq 27rl55 but it's quite old now but it's good enough for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »