Home

Huge Problem: Too many homeruns and too little Doubles

This is a discussion on Huge Problem: Too many homeruns and too little Doubles within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2020, 05:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Huge Problem: Too many homeruns and too little Doubles

Diamond dynasty is a homeruns fest. Either I hit a ton of homeruns or my opponent hits a ton to win the game.

If you don't believe me do yourselves a favor and go into Diamond dynasty mode and check out the
Standings & stats history.

Go to standings & stats history,
then click standings, then click current season and scroll to the right and look at the discrepancy between the number of homeruns and doubles being hit. It's is soooooo fake. Every single Diamond Dynasty online user has hit wayyyy more homeruns than doubles.

I don't understand how many years it's gonna take for Sony San Diego to fix this problem.

I know I can fix it in my offline game with sliders but it takes the fun out of playing Diamond dynasty when every game is just a homerun derby.

In 2019 the MLB averaged 284 doubles and 226 homers in the season. The only two teams that hit more homeruns than doubles were the Yankees and Twins and I believe that is the first time it happened in MLB history.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2020, 05:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Re: Huge Problem: Too many homeruns and too little Doubles

I don’t play DD only franchise but I actually agree with the sentiment nonetheless. I’ve tinkered with sliders (like solid hits and power in this case) but I mostly give up singles or homers. Rarely does the CPU seem to get a non-homer XBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2734
I don’t play DD only franchise but I actually agree with the sentiment nonetheless. I’ve tinkered with sliders (like solid hits and power in this case) but I mostly give up singles or homers. Rarely does the CPU seem to get a non-homer XBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my franchise the computer has hit 57 Doubles and 45 Homeruns on me through 28 games. I'm playing on Dynamic Difficulty. About 25 out of the 28 games were on Hall of fame pitching the last three have been on All star. I leveled down to all-star because I was getting hammered.

The problem is mostly with us Users not being able to hit more Doubles than Homeruns. I've hit 61 homeruns and 39 doubles through 28 games. Funny that Ramone Russell says every year that they look at the stats and analytics of us Users to see what they should adjust gameplay wise. He's been saying the same thing for the last 3 to 4 years and we still have the same issue with getting way more Homeruns than Doubles.

I've been playing my franchise on Legend and Hall of fame batting through Dynamic Difficulty. I've been leveling up and down. I haven't edited any sliders because I wanted to see if the game some how leveled out with the Homeruns and Doubles but that obviously hasn't been the case.

In terms of adjusting sliders...

I think lowering power isn't gonna fix the problem. I think "Fielder Arm Strength Outfield" has to be lowered drastically. And baserunning and infielder throwing speed should be increased by the same exact amount.

For example:

Fielder Arm Strength Outfield: minus 3
Baserunner speed: plus 4
Fielder Arm Strength Infield: plus 4

This way you would still be able to do double plays at the same rate.

And the other thing I would adjust is:
Human Power: Minus 1
Human Solid Hits: Plus 2

Last edited by Deadspace Saturn; 04-14-2020 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:26 PM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Turning down Fielder Run Speed/Reaction makes all the difference in increasing the amount of doubles, as it always has in the past with this game (Armor knows what’s up). Sadly it’s not an option in DD, but it’s a requirement in Franchise unless you want the fielders to track down just about everything under the sun.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-15-2020 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:00 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Turning down Fielder Run Speed/Raction makes all the difference in increasing the amount of doubles, as it always has in the past with this game (Armor knows what’s up). Sadly it’s not an option in DD, but it’s a requirement in Franchise unless you want the fielders to track down just about everything under the sun.
This is a good solution. 20 is my first game since 17 and I remember I. 17 I had fielder speed and reaction at 0 or 1. I've got both at 1 for my 20 sliders along with havi g lowered arm strength for both IF and OF. The default game has always had the fielders react too quickly and able to get to balls down the line or in the gaps too easily resulting in singles or outs where it would have been an XBH in real life.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2020, 11:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Turning down Fielder Run Speed/Reaction makes all the difference in increasing the amount of doubles, as it always has in the past with this game (Armor knows what’s up). Sadly it’s not an option in DD, but it’s a requirement in Franchise unless you want the fielders to track down just about everything under the sun.
I tried this over 6 games and I haven't gotten the amount of doubles I thought I would. I lowered fielder speed and reaction down by 4. And increased baserunning speed by 4. Through 6 games I've only gotten 4 doubles. This is on legend difficulty. The CPU doesn't have the too few doubles problem. It's only a user problem.

Sony San Diego needs to patch this

Last edited by Deadspace Saturn; 04-17-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:57 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadspace Saturn
I tried this over 6 games and I haven't gotten the amount of doubles I thought I would. I lowered fielder speed and reaction down by 4. And increased baserunning speed by 4. Through 6 games I've only gotten 4 doubles. This is on legend difficulty. The CPU doesn't have the too few doubles problem. It's only a user problem.

Sony San Diego needs to patch this
I see you're on Legend. Are you using directional or zone hitting? What are your sliders for all of the Human hitting ones? I'd knock power down to at least 4 out of 10. My set has it at 3 at this point. I'd also look into potentially lowering solid hits. My set has it at 2 or 3. Seems opposite of what you'd want, but it actually increases hit variety and allows for more balls that are hit hard, but without HR trajectories which equals more XBH.

― Plato
Old 04-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Haven't adjusted any fielder sliders, however I have lowered timing, power and solid hits for both myself and the CPU by a few notches. Seeing plenty of doubles and HR's are no longer out of control.

In my franchise with the Angels in early May, I'm 4th in the MLB in doubles, and 12th in MLB in Home Runs.

This is on HOF Zone hitting and HOF Classic Pitching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »