Home

How Events Became the Ultimate Casual Mode in MLB The Show 20

This is a discussion on How Events Became the Ultimate Casual Mode in MLB The Show 20 within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
How Events Became the Ultimate Casual Mode in MLB The Show 20

The two Diamond Dynasty events that have been held in MLB The Show 20 thus far...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How Events Became the Ultimate Casual Mode in MLB The Show 20

I had to turn off messaging on my PSN account because of the events this year. Everyone is just using it to run missions and will frequently message you to allow them to do x and then they will let you win.

So I would highly recommend disabling messages if you want to play this mode a lot. I just pray the next event blocks Kluber.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsaholic230
I had to turn off messaging on my PSN account because of the events this year. Everyone is just using it to run missions and will frequently message you to allow them to do x and then they will let you win.

So I would highly recommend disabling messages if you want to play this mode a lot. I just pray the next event blocks Kluber.
Next event will be Prospects, so you're in luck! And yeah, I turned off messages many moons ago, specifically because of The Show.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:01 PM   #4
Rookie

buziii's Arena

Hey Chase, very good write-up.

I'm one of those casual players you speak of. I started playing online last year, and while I enjoy it, I'm not very good in the online world. I played Events quite a bit at the end of last year. I wound up with <50% winning percentage, but it was fun and I was usually competitive. I usually played my all-time Cardinal (and former Cardinal) team against some really good teams. It was fun just to hold my own, especially against superior teams.

I most enjoy the Events that have limit nuances, so we don't just see the best players. I think I'd be happiest with an all-common requirement! I also like the All-Legend Events....since I'm old myself and relate to watching those guys IRL!
Old 04-15-2020, 08:19 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
Hey Chase, very good write-up.

I'm one of those casual players you speak of. I started playing online last year, and while I enjoy it, I'm not very good in the online world. I played Events quite a bit at the end of last year. I wound up with <50% winning percentage, but it was fun and I was usually competitive. I usually played my all-time Cardinal (and former Cardinal) team against some really good teams. It was fun just to hold my own, especially against superior teams.

I most enjoy the Events that have limit nuances, so we don't just see the best players. I think I'd be happiest with an all-common requirement! I also like the All-Legend Events....since I'm old myself and relate to watching those guys IRL!
Hey man, Kevin Scott wrote this not me, but happy to hear you liked it.

I agree with you that I would love to see more variety in event teams in terms of lower-rated teams or more ways to make it so peeps don't just game the system to get their best 12-15 players on the team each time.

But yeah, I also don't mind just quitting out of Event games right away if I don't like the matchup, which is why they're nice. I do wish it was easier to use the same team over again rather than between entries your team always resets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #6
MVP

papadell's Arena

Give me Events or some other playlist like the first Event all year and we're golden. I enjoyed this event. I like being able to use cards I probably wouldn't ever touch.

But then the ones like the Prospect one where you either needed to have grinded for days to get all the prospect cards or drop a ton of stubs on them or you can't even play in the event.

Still think there should be some kind of tiered Event playlist or something. Silver and below division, gold division, Diamond division. Similar to how this first event turned out. Throughout a normal season, players being upgraded or downgraded would act as a card rotation akin to MTG or Pokemon to keep tiers fresh and stuff.

I often avoid RS because of the potential timesink + frustration. Events are usually pretty quick and enjoyable for the most part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »