Home

MLB19 or MLB20--Off Line

This is a discussion on MLB19 or MLB20--Off Line within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2020, 12:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
MLB19 or MLB20--Off Line

Old fart UK gamer here....Offline/Franchise
Enjoyed MLB19- a lot--(once I finished farting around and deciding which team to play as..lol)

Was really tempted to buy the Show 20, as I had read that it had ALL the TOP prospects now included (Want to use Alex Kirilof -Twins prospect), and my interest was piqued by the "much improved fielding"
HOWEVER, after studying postings here (thank you ALL)--I am seeing LOTS of issues regarding the Fielding being WORSE (uncatchable easy Fly outs), an abundance of "bugs", AND that the "prospects" are not entirely "in there (ie No player portrait/likeness, but pretty much the same as MLB19---that can be downloaded from the vaults.
Compounded that I am also hearing the commentary and presentation is pretty much identical (or worse--wrong names/wrong team names etc)

So, as I am pretty skint (like everyone at the moment)--am I wasting my £45?...Is the game (in offline Mode) SO different to 19s version?
If I blow my money on the NEW game, and my Mrs catches me moaning and grumbling, she will be homering my ***!
Help a brother out....lol
Hope you are all well and safe--hang on in there everyone

ps...Anyone struggling, not coping, finding life difficult at the moment, isolated, PLEASE do feel free to say hi via PM or my [email protected]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB19 or MLB20--Off Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Old fart UK gamer here....Offline/Franchise
Enjoyed MLB19- a lot--(once I finished farting around and deciding which team to play as..lol)

Was really tempted to buy the Show 20, as I had read that it had ALL the TOP prospects now included (Want to use Alex Kirilof -Twins prospect), and my interest was piqued by the "much improved fielding"
HOWEVER, after studying postings here (thank you ALL)--I am seeing LOTS of issues regarding the Fielding being WORSE (uncatchable easy Fly outs), an abundance of "bugs", AND that the "prospects" are not entirely "in there (ie No player portrait/likeness, but pretty much the same as MLB19---that can be downloaded from the vaults.
Compounded that I am also hearing the commentary and presentation is pretty much identical (or worse--wrong names/wrong team names etc)

So, as I am pretty skint (like everyone at the moment)--am I wasting my £45?...Is the game (in offline Mode) SO different to 19s version?
If I blow my money on the NEW game, and my Mrs catches me moaning and grumbling, she will be homering my ***!
Help a brother out....lol
Hope you are all well and safe--hang on in there everyone

ps...Anyone struggling, not coping, finding life difficult at the moment, isolated, PLEASE do feel free to say hi via PM or my [email protected]

It’s not worth it for the “real minors” alone and I’ve had my fair share of outfield fly ball issues, but gameplay in MLB 20 is better than MLB 19. No matter the bugs or lack of innovation in this game, gameplay does improve every ear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

At the risk of sounding repetitive... I have secondary PS4 that’s “not connected to the internet” so I installed ‘20 on it - no patches. Surprisingly, the outfield plays wonderfully well! Now I need to figure out how to bring updated rosters over with a USB. Is that even possible?

I’m sure they will fix the issue but until then, I will create an offline franchise on my offline PS4 and play that.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Right now 19 offline because 20 has too many broken fielding issues.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

MLB '20 is a far better playing game than '19.

I know there are issues with fielding that people are seeing, but my experience with these fielding issues has been few and far between personally, and none since the latest patch. *knocks on wood*

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2020, 03:22 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 1

Ace2734, Thank you so much for the reply. Could you give me a rough example of the gameplay being better, in what respect . Thank you.

RunN1st Thank you for the reply. Does it look graphically different?
Interesting about your "disconnected PS4" NOT having any issues?

hyacinth1 Thank you for the reply....Hmmmmm, that's what I feared to be honest.

countryboy Thank you!...So most of the irritating bugs have been ironed out with patches? Whats, if any, are the prevailing annoyances?

Thank you guys.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:27 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

countryboy Thank you!...So most of the irritating bugs have been ironed out with patches? Whats, if any, are the prevailing annoyances?

Thank you guys.
In my experience yes. I don't have any prevailing annoyances with the gameplay at this point. For me, it feels like a much better version of '19.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-16-2020, 03:42 PM   #8
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
RunN1st Thank you for the reply. Does it look graphically different?
Interesting about your "disconnected PS4" NOT having any issues?
No sir, no issues at all with disconnects. As I mentioned previously, I haven't figured out a way to bring over the rosters with all of the prospects so I may have to live without them.

Graphically, I can't honestly say there's not much of a difference. Although the crowds seem to be bit more detailed and varied.

Other things that I enjoy that are slightly different:

1.) (3) Batter minimum rule for relievers

2.) PCI editing - I switch up the color up depending on the team I'm using. I also toy with the shapes but I've found my favorite. And it doesn't fade like in '19.

3.) Player Lock - Being able to hold the R2 prior the play so it auto switches once the play happens to the 3rd person view vs. 1st person. (Personal preference.)

4.) Bat sounds - You can really tell the difference when you hit one hard or soft. The Perfect/Perfect bat sound is addicting.

5.) The ability to trigger a replay by pressing L2 when playing on Fast Play presentation.

Last edited by RunN1st; 04-16-2020 at 03:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »