Home

Lower leg kicks?

This is a discussion on Lower leg kicks? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2020, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lower leg kicks?

What is the point of lower leg kicks? It’s an honest question. I know next to nothing about the game... Can you get a fight stoppage by repeatedly kicking your opponents legs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2020, 09:42 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Lower leg kicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSky
What is the point of lower leg kicks? It’s an honest question. I know next to nothing about the game... Can you get a fight stoppage by repeatedly kicking your opponents legs?
Yes you can. In fact, I just got one today.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes you can. In fact, I just got one today.
How many leg kicks would it take to stop a fight?
Old 04-18-2020, 11:38 PM   #4
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:

In MMA there have been plenty of fights stopped due to leg kicks. EA UFC 3 represents that and leg kick TKOs is a very real thing. Also, not only does it hurt you, but it hampers your mobility and ability to shoot for a takedown. It can also knock you down in one kick if you are in the middle of an action.

IRL there are plenty of different variants to the leg kick. But they all involve leg to leg contact. a "lower leg kick" would be considered a calf kick.
In UFC 3 you only have to worry about one type of leg kick: your leg health is right, or left leg, and that is it.

Quote:
How many leg kicks would it take to stop a fight?
It depends on a few different variables. the power stat and perks of the kicker. the leg health stats of the opponent. is he moving away from the kick, or towards it? is he in the middle of an action?

A few solid leg kicks from a competent fighter would be enough to sway the fight in his favour. somewhere around 20 should end the fight (please correct me here, guys).

One important thing to mention is that it is blockable with the lower block funtion (the same buttons that block the body.)
- Block head
- Block Body/leg

So if you think he's going for a body punch and you block it, but he's actually going for a leg kick, then you would automatically "check" his kicks.
Checking his kicks inflicts significant damage on him. And there are numerous horrific incidents involving checked kicks IRL that reflects this (Silvs vs Weidman II comes to mind).

have fun playing!

Last edited by MacGowan; 04-18-2020 at 11:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »